Protein coffee

ababenoit
on 5/16/13 12:36 pm - LA
VSG on 04/08/13

im looking for a protein coffee I can fix easily in the morning. Im evidently doing something wrong because they are discusting. Can you share your recipes???

justpete
on 5/16/13 12:54 pm
VSG on 04/02/13

I havent been successful at this either.  it's frustrating because i want coffee in the morning, but if i have without protein it throws my whole day off.  I have plain protein powder, but that doenst seem to work.  unjury chocolate tastes off, i even tried with about time mint choco ... nope.

I bought some click protein espresso mocha.  the taste is good, but i can only eat about half a portion (1 scoop)  ... then i start to have a bit of rocking time in the intestines (gurgles).  calories and sugar are a bit high too

so pleas share your recipes!

HW: 407   Final Appointment : 376   Pre-op Diet Start: 367   SW: 350 (Apr2/2013) Add me on MFP

SophieNJ
on 5/17/13 10:07 am - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

omg, me too with the click and gurgles (and more!)...I liked it, but will use it instead of miralax.

Sophie

dot4you
on 5/16/13 1:16 pm - CA

I use Syntha-6 Isolate Chocolat Milkshake w/ diet hot coco (25 cal)

My hubby uses it in his coffee and really likes it. It's low fat, low carbs, low cal.  Tastes great.

It's not their reg. protein it has to be Isolate. Amazon sells it. So does vitamin shop.

I love it...mixes great in water or milk.

ababenoit
on 5/16/13 1:22 pm - LA
VSG on 04/08/13
I really don't know what I'm doing lol. I put some instant coffee grinds in my vanilla protein shake and it is gross. I thought about putting some vanilla powder in my hot coffee... But I really don't know what to do

Kelly-AnneH
on 5/16/13 1:24 pm - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
A scoop of Syntrac cappuccino, 1/4 cup of skim milk powder in mug, stir in enough cool water to make a slurry, then add boiling water while stirring until mug is full. Yum! (And 32 grams of protein in 180 calories)

If you need more oomph, try just mixing the Syntrax into a small amount of milk, then fill the mug with hot coffee. (About 110 calories and 25 grams of protein)

If you're looking for more of a latte flavour do the same with a scoop of vanilla, chocolate or mint cookie Syntrax. (Calories and protein content vary a bit)

Personally, I haven't had great results with any other brands.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

better_life_ahead
on 5/16/13 1:44 pm - Moncton, Canada
VSG on 02/14/12

I mix my 1 scoop of Unjury Chocolate or Unflavoured protein powder with 1 cup of skim milk, mix it up, just like you would drink it, however i make my coffee and put about 75-100 ml of the mix stuff in my 20oz coffee jug and i love it. I have been doing that for over a year. Each coffee gives me about 8-10 g of protein.

ladybuglv
on 5/16/13 2:20 pm - NV

The only protein coffee drink I've found is Big Train fit frappe. I prefer it cold but the warm is okay too. You can get samples online but I buy the canister at Sams Club

WorkItOutWoman
on 5/16/13 3:41 pm
3 oz ho****er plus heaping tablespoon of instant coffee added to rtd premiere protein vanilla shake with ice added in a shaker bottle. I started doing this because the shake is way too sweet for me to enjoy on its own. Tweak the amount of coffee to your liking.

BoutThatLife

Diana E.
on 5/16/13 4:37 pm
VSG on 03/27/13
One key...add instant espressoto ho****er. Instant coffee isn't string enough for the flavor to hold up to everything else going in. If you want it cold, plan ahead and put the hot espresso in the fridge. It won't mix well if you start with cold water.

Here's my latest concoction for hot mocha style drink...
1/2c unsweetened almond milk
-warmed
1/2 c ho****er with instant espresso
3 pumps sf hazlenut
1 scoop Unjury Chocolate Splendor

Love it! Can be made cold too.

HW- 318    SW- 310    CW- 194.4    GW- 170-ish  Onderland: 10/30/2013

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question