Stuck in a catch 22

Dravens_Mommy
on 6/23/13 1:20 pm - VA

I currently weigh 225lb and my goal weight is 110lb. My BMI is 43 and I have no comorbidities. Since I'm only 5'1 this means that I cannot drop below 213lb by the time I see the surgeon in mid-July. I really wanted to change my eating habits now instead of waiting until my preop diet but I know that will cause me to lose weight in the process. I'm fairly confident that I can get to 213lb or possibly even 200lb and stay there, but I'm also fairly confident that I CANNOT get to 110lb on my own. So I fell like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I finally got my husband to support me on this journey and now I feel like I have to wait until the last minute to start getting healthier. What should I do?

acbbrown
on 6/23/13 2:06 pm - Granada Hills, CA

You dont have to eat crap and junk food to maintain your weight. You can eat a lot of healthy meals and snacks and maintain. For most of us, its a hard concept bc we spend most of our lives gaining or losing, but look at it this way - you get a preview of maintenance in the future (which is harder and much longer than the WL phase). there's no reason you cant start changing your habits now - just gotta think outside the box. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Dravens_Mommy
on 6/23/13 4:13 pm - VA

Thanks for your reply. One of my main concerns is that I'm a Dr. Pepper addict (not diet either) and I figured just the switch to water instead might make me drop that much weight. Really the only junk food I eat is Reese's mini PB cups but I do eat a lot of crap. LOL. I'm trying to change that though.

(deactivated member)
on 6/23/13 3:54 pm

You might want to check with your doctor.  Mine told me that it was only the weight from my first appointment that counted.  But I would check before going with this advice.

Dravens_Mommy
on 6/23/13 4:10 pm - VA

I had my first appt in March 2012 but 2 weeks before surgery in July 2012 I had some issues that caused me to cancel the surgery. My issues have been resolved and I've been in contact with the surgeon's office. They want another psych eval, then an appt with the surgeon, then a NUT appt before resubmitting to insurance. Since I can't have my psych eval for another 2 weeks and my first appt was over a year ago, they will go with my weight at the appt with the surgeon coming up next month. I only weigh 5lb less than I did last March but... Gotta go with their rules. :-)

Most Active