Incision Itiching - 1 Week Post Op - HELP

Mommydoo
on 7/24/13 11:11 pm - OR

I am having horrible itching around the incisions - I couldn't sleep this morning due to it.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could put on it or do to make the itching either go away entirely or lesson?

(Side note: Also, just out of curiosity - what does NSV stand for - I assume it is when you have something that makes you feel great after your weightloss/during your weightloss but I would love to know what it stands for:) )

Thank you,

Kimberly

Highest Weight: 308  Pre-Op Weight: 268 ~ Surgery 7/17/13         

Yocie
on 7/24/13 11:24 pm
VSG on 11/06/12

I'm allergic to steri-strips so if it's very itchy, red and inflamed like an allergy type of thing you can use hydrocortisone cream and take an antihistamine. (If that were the case, it probably would have been an issue within 24 hours of surgery).  If the incision sites are itchy due to healing, Vaseline on the sites can help with that. I wish you well.

NSV is Non Surgical Victory.

Mommydoo
on 7/24/13 11:26 pm - OR

Thank you so much!! :) 

Highest Weight: 308  Pre-Op Weight: 268 ~ Surgery 7/17/13         

Anne64
on 7/24/13 11:44 pm
VSG on 06/19/13

or NSV = Non Scale Victory  :-)

HW: 260 SW:233  CW: 159 Pre-surgery loss -27 Month One: -16.5. Month Two: -14.5 Month Three: -14 Month Four: -8  Month Five: -8  Months 6 - 9 total: 17

charmedaz
on 7/24/13 11:55 pm

i knew i would have a reaction to the bandages so first thing i did was switch them (after release) to tagaderm bandages, they are the best imo...maybe put neosporin too, will fight germs and keep it moister...

but at some point you ARE going to itch and it does suck during that phase lol...thats called healing :)  maybe some coco butter..or get some of those vitamin E gell capsules and break them open..they are supposed to be good for scarring...or just keep them moist with neo...but are probably going to have itches you cant scratch, your internal healing too hehe

i had one good day i was at work and always rubbing my sites through my shirt i just itched like CRAZY! andi was using lotion lol, so you might just have to power through that phase of healing ! 

Dr. Joya:    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/officialdrjoya

Twitter: https://twitter.com/drjoyadotcom

themexcellentone
on 7/25/13 1:10 am
VSG on 07/08/13 with
The itching is good because it means that you are healing. What I do is scratch the area AROUND the incisions without touching them and that seems to help.

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

ccchanel
on 7/25/13 4:47 am

I know exactly what you are feeling!  I had unbearable itching that just about drove me crazy.  I tried Neosporin, it didn't help much.  The best cream was Benadryl cream.  I applied it around the incision area and instant relief!kiss Oh my goodness, I can't tell you how much better I felt!  I would check with your Dr first to see if they suggest any other remedies, but Benadryl works.  Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

Pobearsam7
on 7/25/13 4:51 am
I'm 13 months post op and I'm still itchy where my incisions were but I'm a lot healthy

Kelly                

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 93 views