This just doesn't make mathmatical sense!! 20 days out! Anyone else?

Mommydoo
on 8/6/13 2:58 am - OR

I had surgery on July 17th, I am 20 days out.  I lost 10 pounds in the first 6 days then only 3 pounds after that - only 3 pounds in 14 days - none in the last 7 days (week).

I exercise - even walked three miles on Friday through my stomach pain.  I walk up and down hills, up stairs, household chores, for hours at the zoo, and then just straight walks onto of that.  Even exercise video but I am having stomach pain so I can only push so much.

I track all my food - eating between 448 calories a day and 700 depending on my exercise. 

What is going on!!??

I am not having regular BMs but working on it.  I don't see how that could affect me this much.

I see the surgeon again on Thursday (I am having a lot of stomach/muscle pain can't twist or pick up things without pain).  Might be pushing to much with exercise but it doesn't help my weightloss anyway.

Anyone experience this?  Any thoughts as to why?  I went through so much for this?  I am getting depressed and angry over it.  Allergic reaction to incisions, severe stomach pain and muscle pain, dehydration early on and now no weight loss!!

And I know every body is different but two weeks of only a total of 3 pounds and none in one week and only three weeks out (not even until tomorrow actually). 

Any info, advice, encouragement appreciated.

movis
on 8/6/13 3:05 am
VSG on 07/16/13

I had VSG on 7/16 and so far I have lost 14 lbs. My surgeon thinks this is normal because I lost 35 pre-op. I am staying at 700 cal and 80 protein, but not getting all the fluids I need. I am working on it. 

Mommydoo
on 8/6/13 3:12 am - OR

My surgeon wouldn't even talk to me about weightloss at my last appointment.  I lost 28 pounds preop so maybe that is why too.  But did you stop loosing after the first week of surgery?  That is what seems so strange to me is that I lost for 6 days and really not for the last 14.

Thank you for letting me know what your surgeon said, that does bring some comfort.  I wondered if my fast and large preop weightloss might have affected it and brough on a stahl early.

Highest Weight: 308  Pre-Op Weight: 268 ~ Surgery 7/17/13         

danixbanani
on 8/6/13 3:06 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

I know you might not want to hear this answer BUT you are *only* 20 days out from surgery!  Your body just got the SHOCK of a lifetime and it is STILL healing, believe it or not.  My doc told me that it can take 3-6 months for the stomach to FULLY heal.  I didn't really start dropping the LBS until around 2 months out...I was losing before that but slowly, like you're describing.

I'm glad you're seeing your doc about the stomach pain, that should be taken care of but in the meanwhile, try to be patient. Your body is really trying to figure out what's going on.  I promise you, it is worth it!

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

Mommydoo
on 8/6/13 3:14 am - OR

Thank you!! I was concerned that I was going to loose my window of opportunity if I didn't start loosing now since I know it does slow down.  Sounds like that was not the case with you.  Maybe I will be right in line with you then.  It just is so hard and discouraging to be pushing so hard on the exercise and eating right and not seeing any scale results for the applauld I desperately need.

danixbanani
on 8/6/13 4:04 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

Believe me, I understand.  It's frustrating but give it time.  Patience is a virtue and lord knows I don't have it!  lol

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

Cathy K.
on 8/6/13 4:35 am

my Dr. told me to stay off the scales, which is very hard to do. Maybe take your measurements.

jenn227
on 8/6/13 3:07 am - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

Hi  There is something called the 3 week stall (can happend any time around 2-4 weeks out it seems). Many of our bodies stop losing for a week or two, but during that time take your measurements...you will usually notice the inches decreasing during these times.  Our bodies need time to readjust periodically.  It will never be a straight and constant drop in weight.  But as long as you are eating on plan and following your surgeon's orders, you will do fine.

I would be VERY careful about overdoing the exercise thing at first...I had to wait I think 6 weeks before I could do more strenuous/twisting/lifting type of exercise.  Your tummy is still healing; you don't want to injure yourself.  It's good you are going to see your surgeon.  He/she should be able to give you more information.

Take care

Jenn   Highest weight: 278. Starting weight: 275. Surgery weight: 253. Month 1: 25 lbs. Month 2: 8.8 lbs. Month 3: 12.6 lbs. Month 4: 7 lbs. Onederland 7/29/2013. Month 5: 7 lbs. Month 6: 5 lbs. Months 7-9: self-induced maintenance, then 5 lb gain.

Mommydoo
on 8/6/13 3:16 am - OR

Thank you.  They told me 6 weeks for the more strenuous but that I could walk (and to let pain be my guide) but I wasn't seeing any results so I thought I would try more but still no results so I give.

Now I need to kinda rest due to the stomach pain.

Thank you for responding.  I appreciate the info and advice. :)

jenn227
on 8/6/13 3:18 am - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

Not a problem!  I know, it's so much information to take in all at once.  Reading the posts does help to answer a lot of what you will encounter.  I would have had a heart attack when my hair started falling out if I hadn't read on here that this is a common issue at around 3 months out!

Jenn   Highest weight: 278. Starting weight: 275. Surgery weight: 253. Month 1: 25 lbs. Month 2: 8.8 lbs. Month 3: 12.6 lbs. Month 4: 7 lbs. Onederland 7/29/2013. Month 5: 7 lbs. Month 6: 5 lbs. Months 7-9: self-induced maintenance, then 5 lb gain.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views