Help (TMI) constipation/Hemorrhoids

Nancy1221
on 8/19/13 11:20 am

I have the worst  Hemorrhoids EVER!!! I'm in extreme pain is there any home remedies that will help. I'm desperate and in pain :( oh how I miss having a regular bowl movement. 

justpete
on 8/19/13 11:28 am
VSG on 04/02/13

I have problems with this as well.  I find that to have a regular BM, I need to keep up with daily stool softener and try to get as much fiber a day as i can.  And if i miss a daily poop, i double down on it all  If i dont i'm in trouble, things get forced, and nasty hemoroids happen.  it's pretty terrible.  prep H type stuff does help short term at least.

HW: 407   Final Appointment : 376   Pre-op Diet Start: 367   SW: 350 (Apr2/2013) Add me on MFP

thinnersinner
on 8/19/13 11:32 am

It's a battle!  Once you get regular (however you do it) the important part is to keep regular.  I do daily Miralax, but had to do suppositories and hemorrhoid cream and wipes until things regulated.  I also used acetaminophen for pain. 

thinnersinner
on 8/19/13 11:34 am

Also forgot to tell you about the warm or cold baths (whatever feels better).  I guess I just have a lot to say about this topic...it's a real pain in the butt!

abbeycat43
on 8/19/13 11:43 am - MO
VSG on 06/12/13

I don't personally have this issue...THANK GOODNESS!!! I was doing research for my Dad and kept coming across people talking about apple cider vinegar....my Dad now swears by it....soak a cotton ball and apply for a couple of minutes...yes, it will burn if they are really bad, however, if applied early on, drastically reduces swelling and duration...but to prevent, try the other suggestions.

Maxine1234
on 8/19/13 12:06 pm
Take some advil, sit on ice cubes and rest. Lots of rest. Supositories work best for me.
acbbrown
on 8/19/13 1:27 pm - Granada Hills, CA

I havent had the 'roids but i had an anal fissure (omg i cant believe im admitting this in public fml) that sent me to the ER because i was bleeding for hours...so yeah, that "****" hurts...

Ive delt with chronic constipation for years. I tried everything and nothing worked until recently. I would try miralax and all that AFTER i was already backed up. Bad bad idea. Same with fiber. But, I drank 2 bottles of mag citrate to clean everything out over a couple days, and then started a high fiber diet, and 2 doses of miralax a day. For the last two weeks, ive had very regular BM after 2 years of just pure constipation. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

JMack
on 8/19/13 3:01 pm - UT

Good to know I'm not a complete freak of nature and others have experienced this.  Not that I'd wi**** on anybody.  My doc prescribed topical lidocaine.  It's the ONLY thing that gave me relief from the serious pain I had. There is also a suppository they can prescribe that reduces the swelling.  Worth asking your doc and being able to sit down without pain.

(deactivated member)
on 8/20/13 9:19 pm - TX
On August 19, 2013 at 6:20 PM Pacific Time, Nancy1221 wrote:

I have the worst  Hemorrhoids EVER!!! I'm in extreme pain is there any home remedies that will help. I'm desperate and in pain :( oh how I miss having a regular bowl movement. 

Yeah had the same issues and had worst experience in my life. I was even not able to sit and was sick, sleepy all the day. I used and unable to make differences using the laxatives or the over the counter supplements and even the medications. My granny who has some knowledge about Ayurveda sorted some home remedies that worked for me and I could see its effect within two days.

Drinking onion juice can surely help to sort out the bleeding hemorrhoids issue.

The diet should be changes and the menu should be packed with the healthy food that is good in the fiber content.

To support the fiber, water should be taken adequately.

The probiotic foods like yogurt should be ingested to support and enhance the floral gut

Avoiding the foods like fast and processed are recommended that can aid in more swelling of the veins of the hemorrhoids

Also the spicy foods like chicken should be given up as it can produce extreme heat in the body that may help the veins to swollen more.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views