How was I able to do this????????

bxbeba
on 9/5/13 11:05 am - NY

I am 3-1/2 years out and tonight I was able to eat an order of fries and a cheese burger roll and all and had no pain or restriction (was a Checker's).  This is making me very nervous that I was able to eat like this.  I thought maybe half the cheese burger at the most. 

This really has me wondering if my sleeve is stretching.

MsVonne
on 9/5/13 11:19 am - MI
VSG on 08/28/13

My doctor told me over time my sleeve will stretch so to be careful of what I eat no matter how I feel or how much I think I can eat.  So to stick to an diet that will keep myself on track.  In my support group meetings all of the post op's says to always start with an protein shake so when you do eat you won't eat much so that sounds like an good plan to me.

But with you being 3 yrs out you know better than me I'm just getting started just 8 days post op.  So far so good.  But you will be fine you have made it this far I'm sure you will keep on track.  Good Luck.

acbbrown
on 9/5/13 11:19 am - Granada Hills, CA

I can definitely eat that and just had a scope done and there wasnt any signs of significant stretching (actually the results were that I had narrowing at the bottom of my stomach) soooo....really it doesnt mean youve stretched your stomach. It would boil down to how much actual protein was on the burger (bc the fries and roll are mushy and insignificant in terms of taking up space in your stomach). 

Its rough for us after a couple years - we have to always be mindful of what/how much we eat. The sacrifice is worth the new life though. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

SuzanneR
on 9/5/13 10:49 pm - Randolph, NJ

Yes what I tell myself daily is "just because you can eat it doesn't mean you should" ! I have to be vigilant daily at almost two years out....the solid proteins and chunky veggies are what works best. I am sure if I wanted to eat fries and a burger I could. I also avoid bread, rice and pasta because they are my trigger foods and I could easily fall back into trouble with them. It would be like going back to an "ex" lol seems like a good idea at the time but a week later "what was I thinking?!!"

Sometimes my sleeve is very fickle, too. I can eat 2 oz chicken and 2 forkfuls of cabbage and be stuffed....other days it takes more to feel satisfied. Under eat our sleeves is the best advice ever.

howarli
on 9/5/13 11:26 pm - MD

I tried to avoid breads, rolls.........but I do my crackers.  When I choose to have a burger, I will take the top bun off, but I usually do not have room for more than 1 or 2 fries.

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 9/6/13 12:00 am
VSG on 10/09/12

Yeah, easy peasy. How were we able to eat 5000 or more calories per day pre op? And the quantities? Even for a 'normal' large sized stomach pre op it was probably stretching it to the max with some of the supersize portions! 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views