How many two sleeve couples are out there?

diane S.
on 1/26/14 8:05 am

My hubby Shrinking Nerd and I are both sleeved. My doctor say he has a few '"two sleeve" husband and wife patients.  Just wondering how many other couples there are who are both sleeved.

FYI, my surgeon say they tend to be more successful because of mutual support and similar eating programs. If there are a number of us, maybe we can create an OH group.  diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Mike B.
on 1/26/14 9:06 am
Diane,
Both my wife I have the sleeve. I think it has helped both of us stay focused and be successful with our weight loss journey.
I have to agree with what your doctor said. However, you can be just as successful if you are the only person in your house who has had weight loss surgery.

HW:280       SW:270       OLD GW:190       NEW GW: 180       CW: 174

Roko
on 1/26/14 9:52 am

Both my husband and I were sleeved at the same time.  I agree that we are more successful doing it together, we seem to have a little healthy competition that keeps us motivated to continue to lose well.

maybebaby
on 1/26/14 10:34 am - ID
VSG on 02/21/14

My husband and I are planning to be...here within the next month or so!  I was going to do it without him but knew it was going to be so much harder. I'm thankful he came to the decision to get sleeved as well, on his own and in his own time. I'm excited to go on this journey with him. 

diane S.
on 1/27/14 9:52 am

great. my hubby and i were separated by two years (his choice) but i think a separation of a month or so would be good.  so one is recovered enough to take care of the other. in our case we had to travel 300 miles to the hospital so one of had to be in good shape.  fortunatly recovery is pretty quick. go for it.  diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 

Terry H.
on 1/26/14 11:00 am

My wife was just sleeved in December. So far so good. 

HW 420 SW 369  Pre-Op -51 lbs; M1-19;M2-15;M3-14;M4 -14;M5-13; M6- 14;M7-14;M8-10;M9-11;M10-11;M11-9;M12-7;M13-7;M14-5; M15-7; M16-8. M17-3. M18-6; M19-5. Goal of 200 (220 Lost) Reached Month 15. Goal of 180 (240 lost) reached at 18 months 10 days on 4/.20/13.  57% body weight lost@180.  Now on maintenance. Low weight 169.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Beyond Goal 

frisco
on 1/26/14 11:06 am

I think it's a great idea to have a group specific to WLS families, but maybe not just specific to VSG.

Just off the top of my head I've seem Husband and wives, partners, brother sister, sister sister, parents...... and within those have a mixture of surgery types.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

butterfly3851
on 1/26/14 11:18 am - TX

My husband and I are on this journey together - he was sleeved 4 weeks after me! It's fun doing this together - we keep each other accountable & have fun with new healthy recipes & trying new veggies. 

It's amazing to have our health back - best decision we ever made.  The only irritating thing that I have to watch is not comparing my weight loss to his - I'm down 72 lbs - he's at 125 lbs so far!! And he just now started exercising! 

Good luck to you both!! 

themexcellentone
on 1/26/14 1:22 pm
VSG on 07/08/13 with

My husband and I had our sleeves 5 weeks apart from each other.  I don't think either of us could have been as successful as we are if only one of us had done it. 

Between the two of us, we've lost nearly 300 pounds in a little more than 6 months.  :D

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

Nmmsg
on 1/26/14 7:58 pm
VSG on 07/09/13

My husband and son had RNYs years ago.  It does make it easier as there is no explaining small amounts of food etc.

Learn from your family history and rewrite yours!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views