I hope we're doing the right thing!

sdkitty
on 5/26/14 10:07 pm

My husband was just taken back for surgery. Mine will be in two weeks from today. I'm just so nervous, I can't stand the waiting and I'm worried to death about him. I hope we're doing the right thing to give us both a better quality of life. :(

Flygirlmedic
on 5/26/14 10:33 pm

I think we all get nervous and start to wonder if we are doing the right thing as the surgery gets closer. It will all be worth it. You guys will do great. It will change your life for the better. There will be some challanges along the way, but this site will help you deal with those as they come up. Ask questions here and you will be amazed at all the support you will get.

I have used this site oftewn to help me get through the hard parts. Everyone on here is wonderful.

Good luck with the journey and keep us posted.

VSG 2/25/14 Dr. David Kim    HT 5'5" 51yo SW 230 CW 170.2 GW 135

grayC
on 5/26/14 10:52 pm
VSG on 05/01/13

My hubby and I did it together

and let me tell you first hand, 

it was the best thing we have EVER done for US!

i just said to him yesterday after a BBQ, 

"can you believe how much our lives have changed" 

It really astounds me, we are so much healthier and happier than we have ever been!

Good Luck to you and your hubby!!

sdkitty
on 5/26/14 10:56 pm

Aww, thanks you girls and grayC, I was wondering if there were any other couples on here who had done it together. Thanks for sharing, that makes me feel better. I hope we can say the same next year.

Tracy D.
on 5/26/14 11:10 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I had surgery a year ago and my husband just had his 6 weeks ago.  Both of us came through it with flying colors.  The only complication for me was some horrible reflux that I'm handling with medication.  He hasn't had any of those problems, thank goodness!  

There has been a huge change in the our quality of life as far as things we CAN do and things we WANT to do.  We are much more active and have a lot fewer aches and pains.  More willing to go out and actually DO things now instead of sitting around on the couch.  

Best of luck to both of you!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Jackie T.
on 5/27/14 1:58 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

I think it is great that the two of you are going to do this together!  You will both be there to support each other.  This surgery has been the best thing that I ever did and I am so much happier and healthier.  I owe it all to God and this surgery which he made happen.

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

pugmadkate
on 5/27/14 2:14 am

How wonderful to embark on a new life together!  Best of luck to you both.

sdkitty
on 5/27/14 4:28 am

He's done and doing great..just sleeping a lot. I'm thankful everything went well. :)

Catwoman77
on 5/27/14 4:48 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Glad your hubby did well!  My husband & I did this together as well;  he is 6 weeks out and I am 2 weeks out. So far it has been great!  Good luck to you guys!

VSG with Dr. Michael Jiser, Lowell General Hospital

HW 281, GW 155, CW 149 5'11"

southbay311
on 5/27/14 4:56 am - NV
RNY on 02/22/12

I had RNY 2.5 years ago and have lost 184 pounds and regained life.  Some days are harder then others but the benefits are 10 fold for a better life.  The increase in energy and reduced medications and living life again have made it so worth the effort. 

Best to both you and your hubby.  I know all will go well and you too will be supporting someone else just starting out.

Nance

H/W 326   S/W 287                                                                                     GW 145                                                      
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 282 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 335 views