Food Gifts.......REALLY?

Bob-47
on 12/25/14 12:18 am

After a long year of losing weight and having surgery why would people give me gifts of JUNK FOOD? I know you are suppose to have a treat around the holiday's but if you want to give us a treat a nice box of mixed nut's or some fruit would be great. We should start a website of approved HEALTHY snacks and treats for next year. MERRY CHRISTMAS to all and have a GREAT HOLIDAY.

lo_ri_p
on 12/25/14 12:30 am - Ocala, FL

Merry Christmas to you too.  Some people will never understand your struggle.  Congrats on your weight loss and I hope you reach your goal if you haven't already.

Lori

sillymilly
on 12/25/14 12:54 am - NC
VSG on 07/17/13

I know.  I love my d-i-l and I know she's proud of her baking, but she could've skipped mailing me those two tins of cookies.  Oh well, I tried one of each kind, and have been handing out the rest to guests....

Highest weight:  287    Surgery weight:  279   Current weight:  150

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 12/25/14 2:28 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I hear ya. I receive many gifts from vendors at Christmas.   Those who know of my weight loss sent fruit or other gifts. But I also received a load of candy and cookies.  I gave most of it away, but fell under the spell of some frosting coated cookies.   I brought all the bad stuff I had in my house to a party last night and the coast is now clear. 

My MIL sent a box of high end chocolate to us for xmas. I know her intentions weren't evil, but I wish she would have sent nothing instead. 

I didn't get fat because I'm impervious to temptations.  These holidays are overwhelming for me at my one year point after surgery.  Oy vey.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

mickeymantle
on 12/25/14 2:51 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

there are lots of non eating uses for fruit cake, there is a whole list online

like house foundation, boat anchor,retaining wall  

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Bob-47
on 12/25/14 4:59 am

Mickey,I myself like a good fruit cake. I am one of the odd one's I guess. Your stats are almost the same as mine. My surgery was July 30,2014 and to date I have lost 170 lbs. since Feb.4th. What a life change losing this much. I hope you feel as GREAT a I do. Keep up the great job.

diane S.
on 12/25/14 3:13 am

about two weeks after my surgery someone gave me about 8 quarts of bean soup.  tossed it.   diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 12/25/14 3:15 am, edited 12/25/14 3:17 am
VSG on 01/11/16

Ditto

Every year the gifts from my mother include a calendar and a box of Cella's chocolate covered cherries.  I love these things)  

Normally the box of cherries is the 24 piece size .. this year it's a 72 piece size, it looks like a display box you'd see in a convenience store.

She just doesn't get it.. how hard it is.  I'm not sure anyone not living can really understand.  

I put the display on the living room table and people visiting can help themselves. 

Hope everyone is enjoying their day :) 

Bob-47
on 12/25/14 4:54 am

Thanks for all your post. I don't want to seem ungrateful and am thankful for the gifts, but wish they were a little more healthy. It almost seems like you are giving an alcoholic a bottle of booze.

frisco
on 12/25/14 5:17 am

We have to remember.....

We are the ones with food /eating issues.....

We are the ones that made the changes.....

We can't expect everyone around us to change.....

It's not our world.... We just live in it.....

Get used to it..... Forever is a long time.

it's up to us from here on out !

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views