After my surgery and flight was cancelled I am falling way back into old habbits.

TanyaR
on 3/2/15 2:34 pm

I guess it bothered me more than I thought. I have been eating so bad that I even threw up, I have never been an emotional eater but somehow this let down has left me running for food. I ate a nice dinner 2 hours ago, and right now I drove in the rain to get to double cheeseburgers. I am so sad, I don't want to do this. I have lost 50 pounds and have been doing good, but now I feel like I will never get my surgery and have been turning to food.

White Dove
on 3/2/15 4:06 pm - Warren, OH

I am sorry you are going through this.  It is important to find a way to get your surgery quickly.  That pre-op dieting has left your body feeling starved and it will work hard to get its weight back. 

What are you doing to reschedule?

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Justinh125
on 3/2/15 4:10 pm

It's ok to be frustrated.  I've been frustrated many many times in the past few years.  Sometimes as much or more than you seem to be right now.  It's ok to feel that way, I promise.  It's part of being human, and I doubt any of us have it all perfectly figured out.

frisco
on 3/2/15 4:45 pm

Not gonna lie..... I'd of done the same.

What's better than a double cheeseburger..... two of course with double fries and a 2 liter diet Pepsi

Your post made me think.... Yes, that's how eating used to be.

At nearly 6 years out I can tell you eating two double cheeseburgers is not even comprehendable  and hasn't been for years !

Even the thought of one double cheeseburger doesn't register.

In maintenance I'll order a bun-less cheeseburger/veggies and fries, eat half of it and a few fries and I'm all good.

Get back on it, keep the carbs and quantity low and get scheduled back in the game !

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

cappy11448
on 3/2/15 10:37 pm

I'm sorry you are struggling.  You said in your title that the surgery was cancelled.  Is this just a delay or is there some bigger issue?  I can see why this is so disheartening.  I hope you can get the surgery and move on to better health.  It does get easier after surgery.

best wishes,

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 3/3/15 7:21 am, edited 3/3/15 11:56 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I'm sorry that your flight was canceled.  Is there any way to reschedule your surgery?

I am concerned for you, however.  I read a previous post from you in which you denied using food as a coping mechanism.  However, your reaction to this incident would suggest that your eating disorder is more involved than you current recognize.  

I hope you can find a way to resolve this and get the help that you need.  The surgery is just a small part of the equation.  Without facing your food demons, you can easily find a way to eat around the surgery.  I wish you the best of luck on your journey.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

JennyMcC
on 3/4/15 3:05 am
VSG on 02/25/15

You are human.  We ALL make mistakes.  My surgery was delayed once (almost twice) because I got sick.  IT REALLY DOES STINK.  You have done so awesome to have lost 50 pounds.  So you made a poor choice and ate instead of dealing with the emotions.  Its not the ideal thing to do, but its NOT the END OF THE WORLD.  I know its expensive, but maybe you could start seeing a therapist.  I have been seeing one for about a year now and it has really helped me so much.  I just had my surgery last week and I think working on some of my issues w/ food and emotions BEFORE surgery has been a God send.  One thing is certain, BEATING YOURSELF UP over this LAPSE WILL NOT HELP.  Try and get your surgery rescheduled and while you wait, maybe find something new to occupy your time - a new hobby perhaps.  Just look at this 'delay' as an opportunity to get your emotional eating under control.  Eating for ANY reason other than HUNGER will not be something you will do AFTER surgery so might as well address it NOW!    I really hope you can get rescheduled soon.  Keep us updated!

Kathy S.
on 3/4/15 3:10 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Don't look back unless you are headed there.  Concentrate on getting a new date and going from there.  We are all here for you

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views