Anyone traveling to DFW area for sleeve? I need help deciding...

MrsMcSleeve
on 5/18/15 1:07 pm

on which doctor to use. I have ruled out Nicholson; even in the early stages of inquiries I felt like I was in a cattle call.

I'm interested in Dr. Frenzel and Dr. David Kim. I'll be traveling from the East Coast & I am trying to find a surgeon to fix my hernia, which would be covered by my surgery, and offer the VSG at a reduced cost. (Like Nicholson Clinic does)

I have found that for the most part, the Mexico surgeons are more traveller friendly. (please no flaming!) When I inquired at Nicholson about being an out-of-town patient they were not quite helpful.  Anyone out there have any input or recommendations I would be travelling alone, so the smoother the logistics the better.

As far as I know, Texas is the only state in which surgeons can fix the hernia under your insurance and charge a reduced amount for the VSG. If anyone knows anything different, please let me know!

TIA for any ideas!

fireangel65
on 5/18/15 1:16 pm
with

I first went to True Results and asked for Dr. Nicholson to be my surgeon.  He's very competent and I needed that reassurance.  True Results also offer a free hotel room the night before and possibly the night after.

I personally know several people that have used Dr. Frenzel and LOVE LOVE LOVE him -- I don't know about the insurance/costs.

annelinda59
on 5/18/15 2:32 pm
VSG on 06/03/14 with

I live in the Dallas area, so can't really give tips about traveling here for surgery. I would recommend my surgeon, Dr. Manuel Castro. My friend had her surgery through Nirmal Jayaseelan, and recommended him, too. When I was deciding I read the reviews on this site, and found them very helpful.

5'6" SW 359

godsdiva4life
on 5/18/15 5:22 pm - Frisco, TX

I used Barker Bariatric and the fixed my hernia as well. The whole experience was awesome. My doctor was Dr. Hodges 

KeishaLeigh
on 5/19/15 8:11 am - NC
VSG on 02/24/15 with

I went over the Texas border to Dr Alvarez. He was amazing. The total charge was $8500 plus travel expenses. He will also repair the hernia if he finds one for no extra charge. One of my surgery sisters had one that she was unaware of. While he was operating he repaired it for her. Good luck!

38 y.o. 5'7" HW 347 SW 332 M1 -22 M2 -18 M3 -19 M4 -9 M5 -18 M6 -11 M7 -13 M8-9 M9 -7 M10 -8 M11 -5 M12 -1 M13 -9 M14 -0 

flwrpwr
on 5/19/15 8:18 am
VSG on 02/23/15

Hi, I'm in Houston, just a little south of Dallas.  My Dr. is Brian Mirza, give them a call.  I had a hernia as well and it was repaired during surgery.  Good Luck!!!!

myforever

JimmyChoo
on 6/27/15 1:20 pm

Dr. Frenzel did speak to me about a reduced cash price if I had a hernia. A friend of mine went to Dr. Kim and was not impressed with his bedside manner.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views