Over the 2-3 week plateau hump!!

Jolly_ICU_RN
on 1/27/16 6:44 am
WLS on 12/29/15

Finally! I'm over the plateau that started at week 2.5 and lasted to week 4! It felt like eternity. During that time I only lost 1 pound! In the last three days, I've lost 3 lbs! Pretty happy with that! 

I finally had my "2 week post op" appointment at week 4 yesterday. Doctor said I'm doing everything perfect--except for counting protein. Any tips on this? My hard part is--I don't finish the meal. I like to also buy these fresh pre-made meals at "Snap foods". They're very healthy and high in protein (26 g per meal), but they have small portions of green beans and mashed squash or other things in them (which I maybe get a small taste of) and then I eat the 1/2 the protein. I know there isn't much protein in those items, and I could probably half the protein for the meat that I eat--but I get caught up in accuracy. Or if I do make the protein at home, like I said, I never finish the portion. I'm not good at estimating either how much I ate/versus what's left. I suppose I could weigh the meal before and after--but that seems to be getting quite complicated. Is there an easier way!? 

Bethany

PS--I have finally been able to fulfill my craving for fish! Had salmon last night. It was wonderful.

White Dove
on 1/27/16 9:43 am - Warren, OH

Most of us supplemented with protein shakes or added protein powder for a while.  It takes time to be able to get all of the protein from food.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

acbbrown
on 1/27/16 11:20 am - Granada Hills, CA

At 4 weeks out I wasn't even counting protein from food since I only got 2-3 bites in. I did at least 60g of protein from protein shakes for months. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

alouisa63
on 1/27/16 11:44 am - Farmington Hills, MI
VSG on 07/30/15

I weigh everything.  So I would take your pre made meal and weigh the protein that I plan on eating (2 oz maybe at this point?) and what I don't actually eat, weigh again and subtract from my starting weight.  Then I enter in MFP.   I know it sounds like a lot of work but it worked for me.  Now I just weight out 3 oz of a protein, add a spoon of veggies and that's a meal.  If I trusted my estimates, I would be in big trouble.

Starting Weight 375  SW 375 Height 5'9" 

ubserved
on 1/27/16 3:56 pm

Take my suggestion in the manner it is intended. My brother is a chef, I jokingly tell him he will make himself a wonderful wife to some lady eventually. The man can cook, he comes to visit, he kicks my g/f and I out of our kitchen (with our blessing mind you), takes a look in our cabinets and says okay, lets go to the store. I mention that for the following reason. That said, pre-made meals bought at a store, just because they are 'made there', doesn't mean that it's freshly 'made' there. The green beans you mentioned more than likely came out of a Sysco #10 size can. The mashed squash out of a 5 pound container. All that sodium and preservatives is probably a part of your plateau. His advice to me which I will share with you is that you are MUCH better off to take the small amount of time and truly make them fresh yourself at home. I'm not jumping on you, I used to have that same thought prior to surgery as I was trying to eat better and healthier. My g/f used to work at a large grocery store in their deli, and all those 'fresh' items they have that they weigh out for you at the counter, come out of huge containers, almost nothing there is made fresh short of like the fried chicken, even that came frozen and already battered, all they did was toss it in the fryer for however long the package stated. Just a heads up for you. Good luck.

Jolly_ICU_RN
on 1/27/16 8:23 pm
WLS on 12/29/15

I didn't get them from a grocery store. I got them at a store that ONLY does these foods. They're made there. You can see the real ingredients. And their sodium isn't too bad depending on which products you get. Since I"m only cooking for me, it's not really worth buying a chunk of meat and making it. I don't like to make 6 meals out of something as I get over it after meal two. http://www.snapkitchen.com 

Most Active