"FORKS over KNIVES" PLEASE WATCH!

PapaJack
on 3/1/16 11:15 am - VA

Folks I had the sleeve done 4 years ago.  Please watch "Forks over Knives" on Netflix or order it.  I can not stress enough how important this is.  I you want learn how to keep the weight off please take some time & watch this.  After you watch it, go on you tube & watch the doctors & learn!  Watch it with you partner.

Sleeved July 26 2011
Dr. Clark Newport News VA
Married 40 years
2 Kids, 2 Grandkids
1 old dog        

Grim_Traveller
on 3/1/16 1:46 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

It's a bunch of hooey. There's absolutely nothing wrong with animal protein. If someone wants to demonize processed food and simple carbs, I have no problem with that. That's the crap that made us morbidly obese, and gave us diabetes and heart disease. It wasn't steak and hamburger that did it.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

emelar
on 3/1/16 2:17 pm - TX

If it works for you, great.  I'm a carnivore and I want my meat!

Bufflehead
on 3/1/16 2:20 pm - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

Eating a plant-forward diet may work for lots of people, especially people who don't tend towards obesity, but I have come to accept that if I am going to maintain a normal weight, my diet is going to be animal products at every meal with some green veggies, nuts, and a little fruit serving more as condiments than important parts of my diet.

I've been eating this way for a while and my health certainly seems excellent. My only misgiving is all the pain and suffering inflicted on the animals in the process.

White Dove
on 3/1/16 3:34 pm - Warren, OH

If you were born and raised without animal protein, then that lifestyle will work for you.  Most people who try it do it for a while and go back to meat.  I have seen people lose on vegetarian diets and have seen people gain on them.  It is still calories in that determines weight.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

NYMom222
on 3/2/16 5:01 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I was a strict vegetaria   for 5 years  I gained 100lbs. It ended when my iron tanked so low I needed blood transfusions.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 3/1/16 11:37 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

This film basically centers on reducing certain cancers in the body that they think comes from animal proteins. It's not about losing weight or keeping it off. Also the film centers around people who have not had wls & basically promotes a vegan lifestyle. It would be almost impossible to get all the nutrients a body needs everyday from an all plant based lifestyle. A sleeve, a pouch only holds but so much.

The film also fails to mention all the fish the asian people eat as part of their lifestyle, & only concentrates on those communities where they ate a lot of meat. They also mention replacing meat with things like grains, rice & noodles. Those things are treated like sugar by the body & would promote weight gain, not loss.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

PapaJack
on 3/2/16 6:53 am - VA

We got the sleeve because of our health.  Putting the same stuff back in our bodies will not help us.  The China Study & the movie will show you what you need to stay healthy.  Try it & see what happens.  No down side to it.  My friends were able to lose weight & cure the diabetes.

Sleeved July 26 2011
Dr. Clark Newport News VA
Married 40 years
2 Kids, 2 Grandkids
1 old dog        

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/6/16 10:02 am
RNY on 08/05/19

There's quite a bit of criticism of the China Study as it omitted data and key facts to get the conclusion the author wanted. Examples:

• Campbell discovered that cholesterol is ONLY ONE of several variables that tend to go hand-in-hand with diseases.
  • He cites no specific links between animal foods and cancer; instead, he found a category of symptoms that can only be suggested, rather than directly proven.
  • The author completely overlooks blood glucose, which covaries with even more diseases than cholesterol.
  • Data collected for the latter was likely biased. The people who he studied for 3 days admittedly over-ate, apparently trying to impress the researchers.
  • While green veggie consumption does show a correlation (NOT CAUSATION) to heart disease, there are other, more influential factors that tie to geography. Lower cancer rate and higher veggie consumption ALSO correlate directly to humidity, heat, elevation, and latitude, so it's not only the amount of vegetables eaten.

As a professional data geek and statistician, I can confirm that his math and methods are absolute CRAP.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

boudiceatx
on 3/2/16 2:57 pm

PapaJack, there's a bariatric surgeon out of Houston that promotes a vegan lifestyle.  His name is Dr. Garth Davis, and he's on facebook.  He just wrote a book called Proteinaholic.  You should check him out if you haven't already.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views