Loving my new tool..... but have a question

CLU
on 4/2/16 8:11 am - Denver, CO
VSG on 03/22/16

Hi everyone... I am now 11 days post op and I am down 22 lbs  ... I am very happy with my results so far, but am curious if this normal and on track, or should I be losing more or less.... 

As I have said before my surgery went awesome and I have been feeling great.... but I do have one questions... At times I get a radiant pain in my ribs that starts in my gut and goes up through my ribs and chest.... and also gives a sharp lingering pain right in the middle of my back between my shoulder blades about the size of a baseball... this only happen a few times a day and the pain only last between 10-30 secs.... Has anyone else had this type of pain?

Thanks!!

acbbrown
on 4/2/16 8:20 am - Granada Hills, CA

Your rate of weight loss depends on what your body wants to do. There is no "normal". 

Sounds to to me like you are having classic gas pains. Walking and sipping and walking and sipping. Just put that on repeat. 

And treat yourself to a few weeks away from the scale and you'll avoid the upcoming 3 week stall. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Karen H.
on 4/2/16 12:46 pm
VSG on 12/08/14

Your doctor will know best on how to answer this question. I "do" remember having those pains right after surgery. My doctor told me it was the  healing process. Hope you get some relief soon. But, again,,, talk with your doctor. :)

Theduffman27
on 4/2/16 2:22 pm
VSG on 11/19/14

I tried hard to never compare my loss to anyone else , I had to as it would drive me crazy when I saw someone losing faster than I was. I would take every loss as a positive. Keep following the process and good things will continue for you. I

I was fortunate that I did not experience any pain,I was up and walking immediately and did not have any gas pain either. I would ask your Dr.

Keep up the great work!

Newchapter
on 4/2/16 5:28 pm
VSG on 03/23/16

I am so guilty of doing that. I'm happy for others, but I get so depressed when I see I haven't lost as much. It's so stupid because I'm still losing regardless and that's the whole point, right?  I need to learn to focus on the positives cause if I let it bother me less than 2 weeks post op, I'm gonna be a basket case in a month or so. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/3/16 5:25 am

The pain - it may be Gallbladder...talk to your doc..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

CLU
on 4/3/16 7:52 am - Denver, CO
VSG on 03/22/16

I had my gallbladder removed 10 yrs ago :) ....actually I think its just part of healing, because yesterday was much better i only had the discomfort twice and today is so far so good :)

happyteacher
on 1/18/17 5:24 pm

I had a hiatel hernia repaired at surgery so not sure if pain was from that or the vsg, but what you described was consistent with what I experienced. Healing will come slowly, but it will heal! You can't really compare numbers due to so much variance. For example, if one person has EWL of 100 pounds and loses 9 pounds in month one then that is 9% of the total EWL. If a person with 200 pounds of EWL loses 15 pounds in the first month it is more pounds, but the percent of EWL is only 7.5%. The numbers, in other words, can be deceiving. Best just to go by if you are on plan keep doing it, and if you are off plan get back on!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

(deactivated member)
on 1/18/17 5:00 pm

Hi CLU,  Checking in how have you been doing?  

(deactivated member)
on 1/18/17 5:01 pm

Hi CLU,  Checking in how have you been doing?  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 311 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 361 views