Vitamin Patch - Your experiences...

Terry G.
on 9/12/16 7:08 am

I've had several friends talk about the vitamin patches, including an apparent sponsor of this site, PatchMD, but my nutritionist recommended against them saying it was "too good to be true".  So I'm curious, what are your experiences, knowledge, etc., about these patches?  Are they legit?  Do they work? or is it all just snake oil?  Thanks in advance.

rachelp
on 9/12/16 7:52 am
VSG on 08/01/16

I don't do the patches YET but I am going to because I've only seen good things about them. Use the search function and search the patches so you can see what people have said in the past. 

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

hollykim
on 9/12/16 8:53 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On September 12, 2016 at 2:08 PM Pacific Time, Terry G. wrote:

I've had several friends talk about the vitamin patches, including an apparent sponsor of this site, PatchMD, but my nutritionist recommended against them saying it was "too good to be true".  So I'm curious, what are your experiences, knowledge, etc., about these patches?  Are they legit?  Do they work? or is it all just snake oil?  Thanks in advance.

I have been using several of the patches for a year. My labs are the best they have ever been. I do have to supplement b12 but that is all.

Has your nut never heard of pain patches? Does she think they are " too good to be true also"?

HappyHappy_JoyJoy
on 9/18/16 2:48 pm

Someone posted where their NUT told them if a patch can stop a women from getting pregnant why can't they deliver vitamins too. I liked that analogy.

Valerie G.
on 9/12/16 9:57 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I, too, love my patches

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 9/12/16 10:22 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

My surgeon group, the NUT and my primary are all unsure about patches.

Ive seen tons of posts on here about them being helpful and giving good levels. I'm about 2 weeks or so in on them (multi + vitamin b12 one)

So far no issues as far as rash, if I leave on too long I will have some redness

My PCP asked me for a copy of my labs once I get them done. I'm not due to have them run until November, but I have the request sheet so I'm going to go in about another 2 or 3 weeks and get run just for fun.

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/12/16 10:39 am

it is very individual. it works for some and it does not work for other. none can predict if it is going to work for you and to what degree.  depends on hydration, temperature, under skin fat layer - placement if the patch... etc etc...  - 

i use it- since I have problem with large pills and my gut does not tolerate the iron. any iron. 

I still take some additional vitamins - like B1, B12, D, calcium, magnesium, etc etc... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Anita
on 9/12/16 10:56 am

I use the patches.....have been using them since May (2 weeks pre-surgery). Haven't had labs done yet. My doctors (surgeon and GP) liked what they saw of the product....we'll know for sure when my labs are done.

I love the convenience.....am terrible with pills because I have a really bad gag reflex. I do take extra Biotin even though there's strong dosage of it in the multi-vit patch (hair loss right now that's driving me crazy) and CoQ10. The two patches I use are the multi and the Omega 3 for heart health.

If you have any questions, contact their customer service line......I found them to be exceptional.....not excellent.....exceptional!

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

kyzze
on 9/12/16 1:08 pm
VSG on 12/29/15 with

Please let us know how your labs are when you have them drawn. I want to get the patch but my NUT and surgeon say no. I want proof that they work

Kyzze

happyteacher
on 9/12/16 3:35 pm

Prior to using the patch, my labs were always low especially in iron and d3. AFter the patch, iron was mid range normal, d3 slightly (and I do mean slightly) low. I have had labs pulled multiple times since do to cancer issues, and they keep coming back awesome. It has been over a year now since I switched.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active