Patch MD How do you get them to stay on?

kayebadoe
on 11/20/16 6:43 pm
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Are any of you that bought them having problems keeping them on. I take a cotton ball wet with alkolhoul and clean the area and let it dry but the edges come up. 'any thoughts

I don't have any regrets, they can talk about me plenty when I'm gone....Bob Dylan
Anita
on 11/20/16 8:26 pm

I've been using them for about 6 months and have only had that problem on rare occasions. I've taken to putting them on under my bra.....left side, right side, back, etc............I've also put them on my abdomen under my panties....like next to my belly button. I don't use alcohol first though. My morning routine is shower, brush teeth, put on make-up, put on patches, get dressed......I need the routine in the morning because it's not my finest hour.....LOL.

I hope that helps. The other thing I've found is that if I forget to take them off from the day before, and get in the shower where they get wet.....they stick like crazy.

I use the multi-vitamin and the Omega3

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

Naomi S.
on 11/20/16 8:37 pm - Southwest Metro, MN
VSG on 06/03/16

I use four different patches and they all stay on for 24 hours with no issues. I shower, dry off, and slap them on. I know if you use lotion, it will affect how well the patches stick. Maybe try it without the rubbing alcohol?

Naomi

kayebadoe
on 11/20/16 9:24 pm
VSG on 08/11/08 with

I live in Arizona and I need lotion, heck I need lard I'm so dry. So I try to clean it off good so they stick.

I don't have any regrets, they can talk about me plenty when I'm gone....Bob Dylan
psychoticparrot
on 11/21/16 6:36 am

Maybe put the patch on first and then moisturize, carefully keeping away from the patch area. When my skin is clean and dry, the patches stick on easily. I also put them in places that won't get any friction from clothing -- upper chest and upper arm. I avoid anywhere from the waist down because clothing movement can pull them off.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 11/21/16 8:11 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I wear mine overnight on my hip, underneath the elastic from my undies. That seems to keep them on pretty well, and I think you only need to wear them 8 hours (somebody correct me if I'm wrong!) so that works fine for me.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

White Dove
on 11/21/16 2:10 pm - Warren, OH

Unless someone has purchased them in the last few months, they won't understand your question.  They used to stick really well and take some effort to peel off.  Recently they seemed to have changed their formula for adhesive and new ones don't stay on well.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Member Services
on 11/21/16 3:33 pm - Irvine, CA

Hi 

We have contacted PatchMD sharing your concerns, see below.

Patch MD has not changed the formula for the adhesive on our patches. However, for those who have experienced a problem with them sticking, we ask that you use the email address below to contact us so we can get to the bottom of it. We certainly want you to be happy, but do need some information from the inside packaging so we can find if there is an issue with a particular batch.

Thank you for letting us know!

[email protected]

Valerie G.
on 11/22/16 1:14 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I've had no problems at all.  Are you using any lotion on your arms where you apply them?

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Hislady
on 11/24/16 7:56 pm - Vancouver, WA

I haven't had a problem either and I think it is probably the alcohol that is causing the problem. I was told to use alcohol to remove the adhesive from another patch I wear so maybe you need to just use soap and water and make sure it is very dry before applying the patch. I put mine on at night and leave on for 12 hrs like the instructions say to.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views