Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Sunday 8/20/17

Erin T.
on 8/20/17 4:52 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Good morning! I slept in until 7:30 this morning. My stomach has not been super happy with me with for a couple weeks and it seems to be upset this morning, blah. I'm taking my kids' school shopping today, which requires a 90-minute drive so I need to get some coffee drank and get on the road. I'm sure we're going to be fighting with everyone else to shop!

QOTD: What are you reading currently? Rachel picked out in my picture yesterday that I'm reading the second Outlander book in the series. I actually started it, paused and read a few other books and have now come back to it. I have the 3rd book in audio to listen to when that's done.

7 months post-op\Maintenance\141.4 this morning

Accountability for yesterday: I had some tortilla chips at dinner that weren't in my original plan. I stayed on calories and protein though.

M1: Premier Protein w/ Coffee, heavy cream, and Miralax

M2: Fage Total Classic w/ Blueberries, Sunflower Seeds, and Coconut

M3: Genoa Salami and Provolone

M4: Five Guys Little Cheese Burger (No Bun)

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

CC C.
on 8/20/17 6:30 am

I made it through the anniversary party yesterday with flying colors, then kind of lost my food control at the dinner party last night. I suppose the success is I didn't fall apart at both events.

QOTD: A neighbor of mine is bringing her book club friends from AL to MI next week and she invited a local author to come join them for dinner. I was invited and thought it would be good to read his book before I go. Not my favorite subject matter so I won't name it here as that's my problem, not the author's! This week I finished The Last Days of Night by Graham Moore for my book club.

B - coffee, bacon, protein pancake

L - protein shake

D - fish and zucchini

Rachel B.
on 8/20/17 8:22 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

I went to bed super early last night and snoozed most of the day. I'm kicking back right now catching up on some Marvel Netflix shows.

Today I'm up 2.6lbs. I have been so hungry and craving the last two days. Thanx aunt Flo...

QOTD: Watching TV today, which has become uber rare. I have an audible account and listen to books almost non stop. I do still collect hard backs as well. I bought the complete Lincoln Rhyme series a while ago (Bone Collector movie with Denzel & Angelina). Reading is difficult for me at night, I'll stay up all night, hence the audible subscription. Erin- The Outlander Series on Audible is like 40 hours a book. It's incredible!

AM: Still working on a perfect morning coffee.

TBD

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Erin T.
on 8/20/17 1:21 pm
VSG on 01/17/17

I know! 43 hours for the 3rd one. But I find that I get frustrated reading a book for so long and get bored, but I don't do the same listening. So, I think audio will work better!

Fredbear
on 8/20/17 9:09 am, edited 8/20/17 2:43 pm
VSG on 11/29/16

Good morning! Another early morning walk for me today. The rest of the day is mostly quiet. Rehearsal tonight for a nice well-paying September gig, so I'll be practicing a bit today.

QOTD: Not reading anything right now, other than the websites I regularly follow. Most of my free time is spent writing for the foreseeable future, have two works in the hopper and finishing the final edits to the piece I'm premiering in January. Too busy to read...!

B: protein shake

L: meatballs and baked beans

S: protein shake

D: hummus and chicken with falafel

S2: popcorn!

E: 13k walk, already burned more calories than I'll even eat today! Leg muscles are feeling awesome, feel like a muscled burly man, LOL.

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

Gwen M.
on 8/20/17 9:22 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Yay QOTD! I noticed you were reading Outlander. Here's my Outlander story. I started reading it many years ago and stopped because it was too rapey for me. However, I knew that it was a series that my mom would really enjoy. Being the horrible person I am, I gave her the first book for Christmas one year. Talk about a gift that keeps on giving! They kept her busy until sometime around July. (And that was the first year of my dad's cancer treatment, so they were a very welcome diversion for her.) Of course, she now has to wait for the new ones to come out. This makes me doubly horrible because not only did I give her a gift that required her to spend more money of her own on, but I gave her a gift she has to WAIT for. With few exceptions I refuse to read series that aren't finished, so this makes me a total hypocrite :D But she LOVES them, so it was a great gift regardless.

My reading habits are strange right now. When my classes are active, I stick to short stories because I can't risk getting sucked into a book that I can't put down. Short stories are good for me during surgery recovery too, because they suit my attention span. However, I've also learned that memoirs tend to fill the same space because the chapters tend to be fairly self contained. This means I've been reading lots of Lovecraft-inspired short story collections (The Book of Cthulhu, The Book of Cthulhu 2, Lovecraft's Monsters, and Lovecraft Unbound), I also read Six Scary Stories which was a collection selected by Stephen King. Then, in the same vein, I read two actual novels, both by Peter Clines - 14 and The Fold. Finally I read Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things by Jenny Lawson and it was AMAZING. I highly recommend it for anyone who experiences depression or loves someone who experiences depression. And yesterday I started Shrill: Notes from a Loud Woman by Lindy West. I bought it after hearing her on This American Life and have been looking forward to reading it when time allows. And time finally allows! I have three weeks until classes start and my brain is way more functional than I thought it would be post-op :D I might even read some actual novels in the next three weeks!! Yay!

Recovery is going really well for me. I took my last dose (I hope) of oxy last night at 10pm and today I'm going to go with only Tylenol. Lance and I are going to see Wind River at the not-local theater and I'm thinking, if I feel good, I'll drive home as a test run for my drive to my post-op appointment on Tuesday. Lance -can- go with me to that appointment if I can't drive myself, but I'd like to be able to do it on my own, so this will be a good test run. My boobs are AMAZING, my nipples are super sensitive which I wasn't expecting. Swelling has started to subside and I've even (finally) lost a few pounds of the weight I gained post-op. I have just about zero upper body strength, which is a drag. And the guys are sort of slacking this time around because I -seem- to be doing super well in terms of mental function, emotional stability, and demeanor. So it's easy for them to forget that I'm useless upper body wise :P I did sleep in bed for the first time last night with a crazy U-shaped pregnancy pillow to keep me on my back and I'm pretty sure I didn't move at all in the night except when I got up at 1:30am to pee and take a Tylenol. This surgery is INFINITELY better than the last one which I REALLY needed mentally. So yay rah!!! And did I mention that my boobs look amazing?!

My eating has been all over the place post-op, so today I'm working to get back on track with that. (Actually I started this last night with dinner.)

1: protein shake
2: protein bar since we'll be out at the movies
3: no idea what's for dinner since the guys are in charge for the next 8 nights at least. They'll either pull something from the freezer stores or get food out - either way it'll be something that works for my way of eating. Last night Art picked chicken parmesan from the freezer so I had a breaded chicken cutlet with some spaghetti sauce. (Pre-op I breaded a lot of chicken cutlets to freeze so all they need to do is top them with sauce, bake, and serve with pasta. Easy and delicious.)

liquid and vites: liquids are great, vites not so much. I haven't started taking them since surgery yet because I haven't taken the time to set them up. Maybe I'll do that today so I can start taking them again tomorrow. It's hard to want to take Even More Pills when you're taking all the pills that post-op requires. I know, whine more, Gwen.

exercise: nope

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Erin T.
on 8/20/17 1:27 pm
VSG on 01/17/17

I'm only reading Outlander because Jon practically begged me to. I bought it for him for Christmas and he's on the 6th book already (so quickly approaching having to wait). I don't like long series because I feel compelled to read them all one right after the other so I don't forget anything and series like Outlander are a huge commitment in that regard.

Glad to hear you're recovering so well! Too bad my boob recovery will be paired with the bad one.

Gwen M.
on 8/20/17 3:45 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Hopefully boobs + LBL will be an easier combo than arms + LBL!

Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

(deactivated member)
on 8/20/17 3:41 pm, edited 8/20/17 8:41 am
VSG on 12/28/16

I don't know if you've ever read Ray Bradbury's The Illustrated Man. It's a collection of short stories and it's one of my favorite reads. I don't know if he was psychic or a time traveler but so many of them ring true today. It's an older book so you may be able to download it for free if you read on a tablet. - Cher

Gwen M.
on 8/20/17 3:44 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Thanks! I love Ray Bradbury and I have all of his works for Kindle. I'm slowly working my way through them :)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views