Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Wednesday 9/6/17

Erin T.
on 9/6/17 3:13 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Good morning! The first day of school went well for both kids and we had the anticipated attitudes and weepiness last night. That always gets better after the first week. Aurora is in a room that has a Harry Potter theme for the year, so they had a sorting ceremony yesterday and she was placed in Gryffindor. Woot! Yes, we're nerds around here.

QOTD: Do you love pumpkin spice? I generally dislike the time surrounding fall because I know it means that very soon we'll have snow. We've had large 12"+ storms in mid-October and the thought of not much more than a month until snow makes me want to vomit. But! I do love all things pumpkin spice. Without the muffins, pancakes, cookies, and fatty coffee creamer though I have to do with flavored coffee and maybe using the liquid pie spice in some ricotta pancakes or a flax muffin. Oh well.

7 months post-op/Maintenance/138.8lbs

M1: Premier Protein w/ Coffee, Miralax, and HC

M2: Fage Total, SF Pudding Mix, Blueberries, and Almonds

M3: Emiepie's Egg Salad and Avocado

M4: Shrimp and a veggie

E: Wednesday is meeting day, so I don't think I'll walk. But maybe a TRX work out when I get home.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

CC C.
on 9/6/17 5:37 am

7 month surgiversary for me today. Good gosh the time goes fast! I was down 8.2 pounds again this month. I ended up eating too much yesterday. But our last guests of the year leave today, so that means less eating out, fewer appetizers (my kryptonite), and no desserts floating around.

QOTD: I generally like the originals of flavors rather than knockoffs. So while I LOVE pumpkin pie, I don't really like pumpkin spice flavored stuff. For the record I like bananas, but hate banana flavored things.

B - coffee and yogurt

L - leftover steak

D - brat and corn on the cob

S - rotisserie chicken

mmsmom
on 9/6/17 6:06 am - Woburn, MA

i LOVE pumpkin anything. My solution (which is not ideal) is that I get my iced coffee at DD with french vanilla (not a syrup) and get 1 pump of pumpkin. It is 60 calories...like i said, not ideal, but still delicious.

B: cheerios, pumpkin iced ;)

L: idk, working at home, so options are good

D: making chicken souvlaki (salad, marinated chicken, cucumbers, onion, tomato, ital dressing) eating in pita pocket

S: i'm in a bad way with magnum bars, but I've started purchasing the minis ... beach vacation planned for November, trying to get some motivation to get off 10 lbs and be at my skinniest by then!

VSG on 04/28/2014

Rachel B.
on 9/6/17 7:27 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Morning all!

QOTD: Did someone say PUMPKIN???? I buy sugar free pumpkin pie torani flavoring all year round. I used to buy pumpkin spice k-cups and still have some for this fall (and love it mixed with egg nog flavor as well). My last husbands family was from a part of northern Italy where the regional specialty is pumpkin. They make pumpkin filled tortelloni. Served with butter and fresh shredded parm - YUM! In Bologne, I had it with a Balsalmic reduction - HEAVEN. I found some recipes on YouTube for Pumpkin Spice Lattes using real pumpkin that I am looking forward to trying once life starts to slow down.

Not really monitoring food today. Will try to keep the carbs lower. Got some boneless, skinless thighs in the instant pot.

Have a good day, all.

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Fredbear
on 9/6/17 8:24 am, edited 9/6/17 1:27 am
VSG on 11/29/16

Out and about this morning at the dentist with the spouse, then working from home, and a long rehearsal tonight. It's going to be an exhausting weekend...

QOTD: Meh. Being a baker, I know that pumpkin pie spice is just a blend of a handful of common spices, and they are nothing special. It's overhyped and frankly bland and white bread.

Whenever I see people gushing about pumpkin pie spice, I think of this: http://entertainment.time.com/2013/10/27/snl-wants-to-sell-y ou-a-pumpkin-spice-douche/

B: protein shake

L: hummus and chicken

S: protein shake

D: Chipotle (chicken and black beans)

E: rest day

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

Gwen M.
on 9/6/17 9:34 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I need to head out in a moment to run an errand. I'm sending a care package to a friend and want to get that done before I'm starving for lunch! After that, I'm going to finish the book I'm reading because time is swiftly running out for reading for fun.

QOTD: I always expect pumpkin spice things to taste like pumpkin, but then I had the realization that the name really means "the spice that goes with pumpkin" and not "pumpkin AND spice." Anyway, no, I don't love pumpkin spice. I make pumpkin bread at Thanksgiving and Christmas and that's what I love. The flavored stuff does nothing for me.

1: protein shake
2: leftover curry
3: slow cooker carnitas, taco stuff, actual taco shells for the guys

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: nope

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Kristi T.
on 9/6/17 9:52 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

QOTD-I'm not a big fan of pumpkin spice, I do love walking into the kitchen from outside while pumpkin pies are being baked. The smell is amazing! I did use pumpkin pie spice mix during my initial post op phase to give my vanilla protein shakes a little more flavor.

B-Greek yogurt w/chia, flax & pumpkin seeds

L-Ham and cheese egg scramble

S-Chai tea w/vanilla protein shake

D-Not sure yet

Just heading out the door to take Emmy for a walk, the smoke is still bad but the air is a lot cooler. Have a great Wednesday everyone!

Cathy H.
on 9/6/17 10:49 am
VSG on 10/31/16

It's quite chilly here today for early September...61F at nearly 1pm! I'm not complaining, though, I love this kind of weather...although I do need to find a new winter coat before it gets cold...the new one I bought last year is ginormous on me now lol!

QOTD: I love anything pumpkin, anything pumpkin spice! Or I did...haven't tried anything post-surgery, and with my wacky taste buds who knows anymore! Think I need to find some pumpkin spice k-cups and see what happens.

B: Fresh zucchini topped with cream cheese and crumbled bacon, coffee w/H&H and xylitol

L: Chicken Italian sausage and Swirls cheese sticks

D: If I manage to drag my lazy butt to the store, then smoked pulled pork and zucchini...otherwise probably tuna

Water and vites on track

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

jachristmas
on 9/6/17 11:15 am
VSG on 12/14/16

I love the smell of pumpkin spice! Before surgery I used to love to eat it too..particulary breads, cakes, muffins, etc. Tried it in my coffee and it wasn't bad, just not something I'd want to drink every day..just a seasonal thing for me I guess.

Hurricane Irma is creeping closer and not knowing where that monster is headed is freaking me out a little bit..stocking up on water and non perishable protein items today like shakes and tuna pouches. Please, please turn and go back out to sea!

B premier caramel in decaf coffee

L chicken thigh

D pork chop

Vitamins and water good. Walking today.

~Amanda~

HW at consult #1 5/19/16: 348 lbs.

Consult #2 8/31/16: 331 lbs.

SW 12/14/16: 286 lbs.

Donna L.
on 9/6/17 11:18 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Wading through work issues, and applying to shed loads of new jobs. I also began my process of getting appointments for the DS surgical clearances.

So. Many. Appointments. Hoping my last EGD still counts, as it was less than a year ago. I don't mind getting it, just my schedule is horrifyingly bad.

QOTD: I actually love pumpkin and used to like pumpkin spice. I think I may make a keto pumpkin thingy to blend with my coffee...that has actual pumpkin. Maybe I'll hate it? I tried it once before and it wasn't terrible.

M1: 5.3oz greek yogurt!

M2: 30g protein shake

M3: 30g protein shake

M4: 4oz chuck meat, plain, with a garlic broth.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views