Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Wednesday, 2/28/2018

Ladyblu
on 2/28/18 3:21 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

Happy Wednesday! We are halfway through the week. Today mom and I are going to do a girls day out while DH goes to work. Shopping and errands. We have about 7 stops planned. We'll see if we get to all of them.

QOTD: Are you a window shopper or a get in, get what you came for and, get out kind of person?

I make a list so I don't forget anything, but then I like to linger and look, price compare, and meander around the store. My DH hates to go shopping with me!

M1: Coffee, PP banana and cream, miralax

M2: Rib eye

M3: LO American pork fried rice

M4: Red sauce, shirataki pasta and mozz and spinach chicken sausage

E: Nothing planned.

Water/Vits: On track

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

VSG with Dr. Wanchick - Sept 29 2017

Age 52 Height 5'2" HW 585 (2012) Initial Consult Weight 522 SW 460 (9/29/2017) CW 350 (4/5/2018) Next Goal 325 Starting BMI 95.5 Current BMI 64.0

Pre-Op: 62 M1: 36 M2: 20 M3: 15 M4: 19 M5: 10 M6: 10 M7: ?

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/28/18 5:02 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! I am waiting for a garage repairman this morning (the spring broke) so I am missing my walk. Maybe I'll go walk doggies later!

QOTD: For food shopping I ALWAYS have a list and pretty much get in and out. For clothing and home decor shopping I can do both. I especially like "window shopping" on my iPad. In fact that was the main reason I got one. I borrowed my son's iPad one day and got addicted to literally scrolling through the stores!

1 year, 11 months post-op

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Fish of some sort (out to dinner after dropping BIL off at airport)

S: prosciutto mozzarella stick, maybe Halo Top ice cream

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Acedding27
on 2/28/18 5:11 am
VSG on 12/14/17

Yay, Wednesday! Today is an eventful day for me. I was informed last night that I am being pulled to help give the ACT (which I have never administered before.) So, that will take most of the day and my kids will be sent to the gym instead of having class. Blech. I teach 10th grade, so none of them are taking it today. Testing involves 4 hours of walking around a room (we aren't allowed to sit or lean or have water)....it's too bad I cannot wear my fitness tracker! I'd love to see how many steps I'll get today.

Directly after work, I have an appointment with my therapist at 4, and my Book Club meets at 6pm. I doubt I'll be home before 8pm tonight! Whew!

QOTD: Oh, Ladyblu, you hit the nail on the head with the word "meander." I LOVE to mozy around a store and decide what I would get if money was not an object and I especially love to find a great sale. I don't really bother with coupons much anymore unless I see a great deal (like a manufacturer's coupon and a Fred's coupon combined, or something.) I do this more at the grocery market and Homegoods stores, especially. I love Michaels. Clothes are one of my least interesting areas, but I feel like that may change in the future!

B: Sous Vide Egg Bites with Bacon

L: Crockpot Salsa Chicken and Cheese

D: Probably leftover lemon pepper chicken and broccoli from last night (or cereal or salami and cheese, if I want something cold)

Snacks: an ounce of jerky, a latte before book club, possibly!

Amanda 12/2016 HW: 393 11/2017 Consult: 378 12/2018 SW: 350

2/2018: 309 3/6/2018: Broke a barrier! 297 4/2018: 286 5/2018: 279

Pre-op: -28 M1: -25 M2: -16 M3: -12 M4: -11 M5: -7

Short-term Goal: 250 by August 15th!

CC C.
on 2/28/18 9:21 am

Oh boy, your test duty sounds grueling and boring! Did you ever see that show Playing House? They had a funny line about a woman who models to raise money for Proctors Without Borders. Their mission is to protect testing integrity in third world countries.

Lalagigi
on 2/28/18 6:56 am
VSG on 10/23/17

QOTD: I am a shopper on a nearly professional level and it is one of my favorite pastimes. I can spend an entire day window shopping.

So FYI, a rotisserie chicken now lasts a really long time....this is day 5.

B: 4 oz rotisserie chicken breast with 1/4 small avocado

L: 4 oz rotisserie chicken breast salad with mayo, grapes and parmesan crisps

D: Guess what? More rotisserie chicken. Whatever remains is going to the puppy. I'm done.

mmsmom
on 2/28/18 7:27 am - Woburn, MA

Woot woot, it's Wednesday! I'm already having a day!!! I have a 0 balance credit card with a high limit - buying new kitchen cabinets today - cleared it with the cc company that the large purchase was coming - have spoken to them at least 5x over yesterday and this am - and the charge is still not going through. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

QOTD: I am both - for grocery shopping, I have a word document in table format with the items in each aisle on the left column and then the right is blank - and i fill in what I am there to shop for - I can get through that store in no time with no doubling back, lol. However, I could spend all day at the mall or the outlet center. At Christmas, I prefer to order on line and don't want to deal with crowds.

B: 1/2 bagel with peanut butter and banana - boy this is good

L: brought a salad and turkey breast

D: steak we didn't cook last night, some veg

E: walking at lunch - it's been so nice here - about 60 and dry

VSG on 04/28/2014

RobbieMcKenney
on 2/28/18 8:09 am

QOTD: I hate shopping! I go in with a list and get out as soon as possible. Had to buy new bedding for a set of twin beds and stopped in at three stores to look at quilts, as I need to feel the material before I will buy sheets. Drove me crazy - such as waste of time for me. I do most of my shopping on line - FedEx and UPS know my house well! I do sometimes "showroom" - right now I am looking for a new stove, so I have visited a couple of places, but will order online when I can find the best price.

M1: Half banana and one slice of protein bread toast with real butter. 2 cups of coffee

M2: Probably chicken soup and more coffee.

M3: Still working on my leftovers from a meal at a Mediterranean restaurant Monday, so hummus, quinoa, and chicken kabob.

M4: Possibly another slice of protein bread with high fiber sugar free jelly. I love this bread - 7.5 grams of protein and tons of fiber in one slice!

CC C.
on 2/28/18 9:30 am

Good morning!

QOTD: I hate window shopping. And I really hate shopping with window shoppers. My inner self is usually screaming get on with it already! I love a list like nothing else and use the AnyList app on my phone. Mostly I online shop.

B - coffee, whole milk yogurt, berries, grain free granola

L - real good pizza

D - leftover steak, veggies

S - cheese, salami, crackers

gracegetsgastric
on 2/28/18 10:40 am
VSG on 01/02/18

Super excited for physical therapy today. My back has been bothering me for awhile, so I'm hoping PT will help!

QOTD: Get in and get what I came for! I've never enjoyed shopping generally speaking, and I hate spending money, so I don't really enjoy looking around. When it comes to grocery shopping, I always have a list, though if its a new-to-me grocery store, I usually take a good long look to see if they have any hidden WLS gems. :)

M1: Premier Protein + Cold Brew + SF Syrup

M2: Chicken Sausage + Cheddar + Bacon Ranch

M3: Light & Fit Yogurt + Low Carb Granola

M4: Thai Beef with Basil

M5: Goat Cheese

VSG on 1/2/2018!

HW: 354 (May 2017) SW: 319 (DOS, 1/2/2018) CW: 198 (1/22/2019)

My YouTube: Grace Gets Gastric

Kristi T.
on 2/28/18 10:46 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! I think my mom and I are going to have the same kind of day later this afternoon. I have a few "fix it" type projects around the house first though.

QOTD-I love, love, love to go to the grocery store, but have to go alone. I love to look at new products, read labels and spend lots of time in the health food section. I go up and down every isle. As for places like Home Goods, Pier 1, Ulta and World Market, I like to go with someone else and talk about everything. If it's Walmart or Target, I am an in and get what I need and back out as soon as possible kind of person:-)

B-Greek honey yogurt w/granola

L-canned chicken w/mayo and pickles, string cheese

S-Chai tea with vanilla PP shake

D-homemade buffalo chicken legs, pea salad

E-Walk with the dog

Have a great Wednesday!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 67 views