5 day pouch test

sparkles62
on 7/22/09 6:02 am

Hello,
I just have recently learned about this test. Where can I find it?
Thanks,
Sandi

kimberly R.
on 9/1/09 12:08 am - aurora, NC
hey there everyone...please help!! i had my gastic bypass surgery on may 2006 and then i got prego with my first child and he will be 1 on oct 24 2009 and me getting prego with him...i gained 55 pounds with him...i need help on gettin it back off!!!!!!!!! im 275 and was 220 b4 prego....pleasee ne one..everyone?? help!! u can email me @ [email protected] thanks sooo much for reading!!!
imsandi
on 9/8/09 7:22 am - Sierra Vista, AZ
I am getting ready to start the 5 day pouch test, have really let my eating get out of control.  Have a question on the protein shakes.  Post surgery I had to drink protein shakes but I was told I could mix with orange juice and frozen or fresh fruit, would this work on the pouch test.  Protein powder with orange juice and strawberries was the only way I could stomache it, tried various other ways and couldn't even get half of a shake down.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Sandi R
Vicky H.
on 2/8/10 11:52 pm - Ottawa, Canada
 Did you ever get a response to the fruit in your protein drink.  I am starting the five day pouch test and I made my protein shake this morning and I use frozen fruit and 1% milk.... and wondering if this is okay ? 

Betsy C.
on 9/30/09 11:46 pm - Efland, NC
 Ok, got the book (5DPT Manual) and am ready to begin on Monday.  Eating is waaaaay out of control and I'm back into plus sizes.  I have tried so many things to reverse this weight gain, without success.  Hopefully this will work to jump-start my weightloss again.  I've regained waaay too many pounds - in fact, I haven't even been on the scale in many months.  I plan to get on the scale on Monday morning, then just deal with it (hopefully)!  

Anyone else starting Monday?

Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

Louise U.
on 10/8/09 6:56 am - Roseburg, OR
So how has it gone for you? I just started today. I understand that this works well for banders as well. I have been plateau'd...ok I have gained in the past 3 months and am hoping to get my eating, grazing, snacking under control.  I hope it is working well for you.
Betsy C.
on 10/8/09 10:40 pm - Efland, NC
Louise - Well this is Day 5 and I got on the scale this morning and I'm down 5 lbs - woohoo!!! Surprisingly, I felt it went really well for me.  I say "surprisingly" because I've been gaining about 10 lbs per year for the last few years - after hitting goal weight 4 years ago).  For me the secret of the 5DPT is the pumpkin sausage soup.  It's so tasty and filling (although I ate more than 1 cup a couple of times on Day 1 & 2).  The other thing I credit with my success is adding Crystal Light to my water.  Not that I don't like water plain, but by adding Crystal Light I would just about guzzle it down.  I know I was exceeding my water intake every day.  By Day 3 when I could have soft protein, my appetite was already greatly reduced, and thus the cravings.  By the way, I highly recommend the Parmesan Tuna Patties recipe in the 5DPT Manual.  I made 4 of them for dinner on Day 3, ate 2, and ate the other 2 for lunch on Day 4 (with about a T of salsa on each, but it didn't seem to hurt my weight loss).  Last night I had a chicken breast (actually Chicken Satay w/o the peanut sauce and a sliced tomato (from a Caprese Salad platter).  Oh, and the Mock Breakfast Burrito is wonderful and satisfying too.  I had that yesterday and today for breakfast.  Oh, and I never did have any carb withdrawal like I expected to.  I had become really carb-addicted over the last few years, and am  happy to finally break the addiction.  The trick is going to be staying away from the white carbs, and figuring out exactly what my carb tolerance is.  I won't hesitate to go on and off this plan as often as I need to in order to get this excess weight off.  I so want to get back to size 8 (I'm now back in the plus sizes).  

Good luck to you!

Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

Louise U.
on 10/9/09 3:10 am - Roseburg, OR

Thanks Betsy,  I am on day 2 and while it has been easy not to eat, I am kind tired and oh just a little...grumpy.  My sweet hubby last night asked my if I had PMS, not a wise choice LOL. I know I can make it thru. Knowing it worked for you and others really helps.

Congrats on the 5 lbs. I hope I am as lucky

Louise

rmwalker
on 4/8/10 1:35 am - Blairsville, GA
Betsy --

How are you doing?  I had the surgery in 2003, lost 130 pounds, but have now gained back almost 50.  I am going to do the 5DPT starting Monday.  I have been a grazer and become so dissapointed in myself.  A lot of life struggles have contributed, but now is the time for me to get control.  It seems like your journey has been similar and maybe your story could help me.  I have moved to a place where there is absolutely NO support in the community so on-line will be my only salvation.  Thank you
SharonJoy1958
on 12/18/13 4:30 am
Where do you get this book from?
Most Active
Recent Topics