5 day pouch test

asumamma1
on 6/15/09 10:51 am - NC
Please explain the specifics of the 5dpt.  I'm off track and trying to get back on!  Thanks!
july J.
on 7/31/09 4:35 pm - philadelphia, PA
hi gina,

im going thru a tough time right now and would like to know "WHAT IS THE 5 DAY POUCH TEST?"  i would like to follow it starting Monday.  I started at 268lbs 2/14/08 and have been 190-195 since January 09.  i only lost78lbs in a year.   IT SEEMS LIKE IM NOT LOOSING ANYMORE.  im scared and dont know what to do.  anyone please HELP
Nanny157
on 9/22/09 4:14 am - Goleta, CA
Well it looks you were the last one to write on this and I started the 5 day test today.  I have only had the shakes and decaf hot tea so far and will have broth with added anyway protien for lunch.  Did make the sugar free jello last night so have that for a snack here at work today.  Any hints?  I started out at 310 and made it down to 202, but am at 225 and have gained actually 20 pounds over the last 13 months and am frieghtened, so really hoping that this helps.  Any thoughts or info on if this helped you would be great!

Thanks again, Nanny157

Jodi  

Louise W.
on 10/3/09 10:53 pm
Nanny,

How did you do with your 5 day plan? Hopefully it got you back on track. I take that back.

You can get you back on track!

I have been trying to find someone who is in about the same place I am. I also had my surgery in 06, I started at 290, went down to 198 and am now at 215. I  battle the carbs. 

I have heard about people doing the 5 day plan but thought I don't need this. Since it is Sunday I will start today. 

I have been doing a lot of research.  It seems some people have a very difficult time maintaining the weight loss. I didn't even reach my goal. I think there is a lot more to the psychological issues than what is addressed. I have tried to find  a support group for people similar to myself but have been unable to.

I would love to hear from you!

Louise n St. Louis

cwilson61309
on 9/28/11 12:45 am
This is EXACTLY what I am going through!  I am 11 years out of surgery.  I did the 5 day pouch test twice and am eating 1/3 of what I used to eat but am still not loosing any more weight.  I lost 10.5 pounds the first time through and nothing else!  This is so frustrating.  Have you lost any more?
ellymake
on 9/23/09 11:17 am - Cedar Springs, MI
How did you do it?  I have gone to grazing and am having a really hard time with it.  I have gained back 60 pounds and I really want it back off.  I just got so tired of protien drinks all the time.  Any help would be great.
lizabethntx
on 1/11/10 7:12 pm
I know this post is older, but I would really appreciate any help you might give in a 5 day pouch test.  I haven't done one, but would like to.  Thanks.
Joeyzgirl
on 1/26/10 11:32 pm - Crocker, MO
www.5daypouchtest.com

joanie2273
on 6/11/10 6:53 am - Leavenworth, KS
I am two years post op and have gained back 20 pounds...I started the 5dpt today and could use some words of encouragement!!  Please help!!
stinky
on 8/3/10 8:45 am
Days One and Two:  Liquid Protein
low-carb protein shakes, broth, clear or cream soups
Day 3:  Soft Protein
canned fish (tuna or salmon), eggs, fresh soft fish
Day 4:  Firm Protein
ground meat (turkey, beef, chicken, lamb), shellfish, scallops
Day 5:  Solid Protein
white meat poultry, beef steak, pork
Most Active
Recent Topics