Question for the Grads....

MichelleTheAuditor
on 8/3/05 4:15 am - Upstate, NY
I kept a sz. 14 shirt that I loved from like 15 years ago and I thought someday I would fit into it..... then I fit into it at about 6 months out and shrunk right out of it! And it was totally out of style too LOL. Since everything on me flaps around I still wear pertty conservative clothing, but maybe someday I'll wear spaghetti straps!! Michelle 8/3/04 294/150/150
ConnienTX
on 8/3/05 4:40 am - Dallas area, TX
I had my arms done last fall, so this is the first summer that I've been able to wear sleeveless tops. I still have the scars that go all the way to the elbow, but I've decided I'd rather have the scars than all that skin! Still not wearing shorts, have issues with thighs.....maybe someday I'll have them done. Good thread, Deb---it's good for us to be reminded of the wonderful positives of this journey!! Hugs, Connie -147# @ goal
Dee V.
on 8/3/05 4:40 am - trees, WA
Most of the time, I wear tight - low cut tops with tight little jeans. Oh and my husband bought me a corset. I look good in it!
Dx E
on 8/3/05 4:47 am - Northern, MS
Deb, Oh Yes! Clothes have a grip on the new me! With me, it's not the specific piece- i.e- "muscle shirts, shorts, etc... But the overall bulk and price range..... This is a re-post from a couple of weeks back. _____________________________________ Ok, I've lost my mind! Now that I'm able to wear Medium sized shirts And most brands of pants- 34 waist some 36, I've turned into a "Clothes Horse." After a life of not shopping at stores or malls For any clothes other than socks, And getting catalogs every month from- Rochester Big & Tall, JC Penney's Big & Tall, Hyroops-Big & Tall KingSize Direct, BigDogs, etc... You know these catalogs? If you're a "Large Man," Or have /had a "Large" BF/Hubby You know these Brands. (By the way, at the Big & Tall shops- Have you ever seen "Tall People" in those stores?) At first when I hit a size I could by At Walmart (not in the Big and Tall Section) I was Thrilled! I could get 4 shirts off the clearance rack For the price of one Super-Multi-X Mail Order Shirt. I've started escalating my fashion exponentially As I've dropped in size. It started innocent enough as I was falling through sizes. I started picking up "Brand Names," Levi Jeans rather than mail order Dickie's. Then, Ralph Lauren, Hillfiger, etc.. At a 2nd hand shop where snobs dump their "cast-offs." Later, I started strolling into - The Gap, Abercrombie & Fitch, Banana Republic. Places that before, would have looked at me like- "Who could you be buying something for?" (actual quote from a Gap sales-person 4 years ago) Then like a drug addict searching for a Higher High, I moved on to the "Harder Stuff." Outlet Stores picking up Brand-New Tommy Hillfiger and Hugo Boss Shirts, Even Christian Dior Slacks. I thought the Bill Blass, Blazer right off the rack From Macy's was bad, Till I walked into a Brooks Brothers in Atlanta And got a Charcoal Pinstripe 3-button Suit, Not on sale! Surely, this was as far as I was willing to go! I had spent that much on "Fat Clothes" before But not on One item. Then last week, I hit "Rock Bottom." A Giorgio Armani, Brown Nailhead Suit, With 2! Versace Silk Shirts! OMG!!! Where will it End?!?! I'm spending more on clothes than I did On Fast Food and Pizza! What's Next? Dolce & Gabbana Tee-Shirts? Prada Dress Shoes? After a life of being "excluded" From "real clothes," Wearing embarrassingly ugly, "No-brand" blue jeans, That would never fade, A hell of a lot of polyester blend pants With stretch waist-bands, And a whole life of Perma-Press, Small Plaid, Long-Sleeve shirts, I'm a Man-Possessed! Fall is coming, Some how I see a full length leather coat In my future. At least now that I'm staying at the same size I won't have the excuse for picking up new stuff. Best Wishes- Dx
MichelleTheAuditor
on 8/3/05 6:28 am - Upstate, NY
Hey Dx... that's funny you say that because my sister actually bought me a Dolce and Gabbana shirt... a sleek little number with straps up the back. I can't believe I fit into it! Of course, it was an XL because it is from Hong Kong and everyone there is tiny tiny and a M would fit my big toe, but oh well! And I still get all the big-people catalogs too but for women it's Lane Bryant, Just My Size, etc. Have fun buying that full length leather jacket! Michelle 294/150
**willow**
on 8/3/05 8:22 am - Lake In The Hills, IL
You have earned it in every way! go for it!
capnkman
on 8/3/05 4:59 am - Half past the monkey's butt..., WI
THONG, MESH, BIKINI SWIM TRUNKS!!! Sorry, Deb...I just had to do that!! Ya might as well get used to it now...I'm here to stay and one goofy guy too...I might add!! Hope you are having a super day!!...Cap'n K-Man
**willow**
on 8/3/05 8:12 am - Lake In The Hills, IL
please post pictures!!!!
capnkman
on 8/3/05 9:19 am - Half past the monkey's butt..., WI
...Hi Willow!!
WLS_Deb
on 8/3/05 8:42 am - East, Tx
I second that... post the pictures lol... ok they probably wouldn't let ya but ... ya gave us gals pause for thoughts lol deb
Most Active
Recent Topics