Learned the hard way!!!

Stacey N.
on 10/8/11 11:46 am - Chesapeake, VA
We all did it prior to surgery and now wish I hadnt done it now LOL... It is kinda funny,
Finished covering the pool and believe me it was HARD work when you have no real help. Well I was so thirsty, I CHUGGED water down..... Almost immediately I knew what I had done wrong and of course , I say funny because I am over a year out and I still didnt think... To top it off I did it again, thought I was going slower but nope!!!! 

Ok so now I am SLOWLY drinking my G2 and making sure it doesnt come up. I know better but yet it tasted so good going down, not so much coming back up LOL..

BTW, i am fine, no issues caused, no irritation. Just thought it was funny.

Have a great night everyone
Stacey

HW-220 SW 205 4'11"

Price S.
on 10/8/11 12:00 pm - Mills River, NC
Sorry you went through that.  I am usually ok with fast, but still have issues with cold and cold and fast will do me in everytime.  I still haven't thrown up, but boy, do I hurt afterwards.  It is hard when you are really thristy and want to just down it but can't.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Stacey N.
on 10/8/11 12:16 pm - Chesapeake, VA
Thats what happened, I just wanted to down it, like I did a year ago LOL... Its all good you learn you know.
I still find it funny that I still cant handle anything too cold, still has to be room temperature.
Ruthie D.
on 10/8/11 1:04 pm - Mayer, AZ
YOU, Dahlink, are a goofball. 
       LIFE'S a REACH...    and then you FLY!!!   
           HW = 224, SW = 204, CW = 124, GW = 119           
Mrs.M
on 10/8/11 1:32 pm
 Been there, done that....and feel your pain.. So sorry.
janet

Eliza55
on 10/8/11 7:55 pm - PA
Stacey
I'm glad that you are feeling better.  I still can't remember to eat and drink slow enough when I'm hungry or thirsty.  But for protein shakes, it is easy, as I don't really like them!
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

nmscuba
on 10/8/11 10:55 pm - kingsley, MI
Im only 3 weeks out now from my sleeve and I know just what you mean. I have not puked yet at all, but I tend to forget when taking vitamins etc that I have to sip.

I still have that want to guzzle  8 ounces and if I do take a couple big gulps it hurts then I get that sick to your stomach feeling where you need to concentrate deeply to make it go away LOL

Im sure the farther out you get the harder it is to remember
Tony,

Surgery Date 9/16/11, HW 260lb. Currently 207 lbs, SW 241 Goal 190lb.  5ft 9.5 inches        
Mama477
on 10/8/11 11:36 pm
I hate that!!!!! I used to gulp water when it was hot outside!!!!

Meg
  HW 236 / SW 224 / CW 164/ GW 135

AnneGG
on 10/9/11 1:45 am
Ah, well, I miss chugging, too, but it is a small price to pay... I'm a slow learner, too.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 509 views