Hi all, I'm back again

terithecook
on 10/3/12 2:26 am - NY
I’ve been AWOL a while, just don’t want to let it go any longer.  I saw that Lisa Lampanelli is on Dr. Oz today talking about her sleeve and 80 lb. weight loss and I figured that’s my final push to get moving. Lots of stuff going on, good and not so good, but most of the stress is over. I planned my mom’s 70th birthday trip and party (yes, she wanted BOTH), went to 3 of my friend’s mothers’ funerals, and am trying to deal with home stuff. All that, and managed to gain 6 more pounds. What fun! So now back to me (hopefully).  I scheduled my second sleep study, set for Monday, and getting my blood work done Saturday. My hope is my numbers are through the roof so I can keep the process moving!  My mind is a sieve (thanks to menopause) so if anyone has a good OTC sleeping aid for the study, let me know. My lower back is killing me and the muscle relaxer the doc prescribed doesn’t work and I don’t want anything stronger. The biggest thing is I need to sleep during that study and I have to go to work in the morning so I really do need to sleep.  When I sleep on my back my lower back kills me.

Huneypie
on 10/3/12 3:46 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
What surgery are you planning on getting?

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

terithecook
on 10/3/12 4:55 am - NY
I had already met with the surgeon, we had decided on the sleeve. 

Huneypie
on 10/4/12 1:55 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
All the best for your surgery.

I hope they can sort out your sleep issues.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Angela K.
on 10/3/12 4:22 am - Marietta, GA
VSG on 08/30/12

Hi Teri,  Welcome Back.  i am one month out from my sleeve.... I am doing great, and feel like I have control over my life again,  It is a great tool. Good luck with your upcoming sleep study. 

terithecook
on 10/3/12 4:54 am - NY
That's great Angela!  Congratulations!  Thanks for the wishes too!
MajorMom
on 10/3/12 7:42 am - VA
Welcome back.
Your back sounds like mine before back surgery. Worst pain was laying flat. My mom has been able to avoid surgery using cortisone (steroid) shots and acupuncture.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

terithecook
on 10/5/12 1:11 am - NY

I think my back problems stem from my stomach pulling it out of whack. And I have been thinking of accupuncture but no clue where to go, I should start looking into that now that you mention it!  Thanks Gina!

lerkhart
on 10/4/12 9:33 am
Welcome back Teri.  Sounds like you have been pretty busy!!

Good luck on your sleep study.  Hope your back feels better soon.

Keep us updated.

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Price S.
on 10/4/12 11:35 am - Mills River, NC
I hated doing sleep studies but it really is only one night.  I thought there was no way I could sleep with all that stuff attached to me but I did, or didn't as the study showed.  Anyway, if it is necessary to get you approved, take some whatever to get comfortable enough to sleep.  Ask ahead what you can take so you are sure they won't send you home depending on what you have taken.  Best of luck. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 509 views