Thigh Lift

Susiekay
on 3/27/14 2:12 am
RNY on 04/24/12

I know this is not the plastics forum, but I can't figure out how to post on that board......Does anyone here have any experience with a thigh lift.  I really want one, but I've heard the recovery time is very long.  I have NOT had a consultation with a surgeon yet I am just trying to get some advise.  My legs bother me the most, they are ripply and flabby.  I've lost 116 lbs so I guess this is the cost of that.....I feel like when people see me with shorts on, they look at my face and then their eyes go STRAIGHT to my legs.....It may just be me but this is the way I feel. 

Another question:  Is there any other less invasive treatment for the legs????

Thanks for any advise.

Kay

Roz !!!!
on 3/27/14 3:35 am - Butler, PA

Nice to see you!!!   How have you been?

My legs are bad too....thank goodness for Capris!!!  

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Susiekay
on 3/27/14 4:45 am
RNY on 04/24/12

Thank you Roz, I am doing good, other than I can NOT seem to get this last 10-15 lbs off of my body lol.   I've been doing cross fit 2 times a week since November and still the same weight, my legs and butt are a little bigger due to the muscle mass.......I'm really enjoying it so I will just keep at it...

We spend alot of time in the summer on the beach and it would be SO nice to be able to not be self conscience about my horrible thighs....

Jody ***
on 3/27/14 3:37 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

For some reason they made that forum harder to get into than others.

Go to Forums above, go to Plastic Surgery, then on the upper right hand corner click on "Topics".  That will get you in.

Regarding a thigh lift, I have not had one, but had looked into one. I've put weight back on and that's where it went.  I've always hated my thighs... anyway, I've heard it is one of the most difficult to recover from.  It also depends on what kind you get.  I'm not sure if it would be longer than a full tummy tuck.. I've had one of them at it was tough... I was off work for 4 weeks with it and was in compression garments for another 2-3 months, mostly at night at that point. 

If I were you, I'd get a consultation with a couple of surgeons.  They may have different ideas on how they would do a thigh lift.  I don't think there is a less invasive treatment for the legs or I would have done it!!

I found the PS board to be very helpful and very friendly during my data-gathering time before my surgeries. 

Good luck!

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

hollykim
on 3/27/14 4:19 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I had a long thigh lift along with several other procedures in January of this year. I. Hve not found the recovery to be worse than any other. 

I am being. Very very careful ,even now at 12 weeks out, to. Not over do. I have. Not had any complications. 

GL

Huneypie
on 3/27/14 4:35 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 290 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 416 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 477 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views