Lose Weight Find Life

Recent Posts

Bobbie M.
on 10/26/11 11:06 am - Belton, SC
Topic: 1st post op appt
Well today I went for my first post op appt. and it went great. I am 282 lbs my BMI was 41. I have lost a total of 27.4 lbs since pre-op and 19% of my body fat. My doctor was proud of me and told me it was ok for me move to soft foods if I felt comfortable. I tried a small piece of baked salmon and was extremly uncomfortable. So I will try again tomorrow. Still no dumping and my energy level is great. Vitimans and protein going great. This was the best thing I ever done in my life besides my kids and my husband. What makes me feel even better is when people that were skeptical about the procedure see me and are shocked at how well I am doing. My support time has been awesome and I owe them so much. My husband and I have planned to renew our vows next April at Daytona Beach and I can't wait to see the new me on our wedding day.

Taking Steps To A Better Life~ One Pound @ A Time

Bobbie M.
on 10/23/11 1:48 pm - Belton, SC
Topic: One Week Out
I have WLS last Monday and I have had a wonderful 1st week of my new life. I have had no pain since coming home on Wednesday. I has lots of gas..and now I am experiencing some consipation, I guess its normal.Otherwise I feel great and I so excited about this new journal.

Bobbie M.
on 10/10/11 8:36 am - Belton, SC
Topic: New to the group
Hi everyone, My name is Bobbie. I am 31 years old and have been battling with weight problems for the past 9 years. I am a wife, mother, business owner, and student my plate is extremely full. I am scheduled for RNY on October 17, 2011 I have been trying to have WLS for three years and now I have the chance and I am feeling so many emotions, nervous, excited, scared, and overwhelmed.

monymony
on 2/10/11 10:38 pm
Topic: RE: HI LEADERS AND MEMBERS!
Hi Cathy, I hope to participate more in your group. It is nice to have this group to help and be helped. Mona

Veteran Bandster 2002

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

melissa180
on 12/5/10 11:37 am
Topic: HELP ME PLEASE.....
Hay I HAD WLS ALMOST 1 MONTH AGO, EVERYTHING IS GOING GOOD.. I 'AM HAVING A HARD TIME GETTING MY LIQUIED PROTIN DOWN.. CAN ANYONE HELPPPPPP.. THANKS.. PLUS IVE ALREADY LOST 37 POUNDS IS THAT NORMAL?
Valerie_L
on 10/2/10 3:29 pm - Minnetonka, MN
Topic: Hello I'm new here
My name is Valerie and if nothing goes wrong I hope to have weight loss surgery in the next few months.  I have two more meetings with the dietitian and then I guess things will start rolling...once the insurance gives the okay that is.  I'm 54 and I've wasted most of my adult life being over weight.  I've used every diet I could afford to use....and if I'd had the money I'd have wasted it trying the ones I couldn't afford.  Diets don't work...and I can't believe how long it took me to realize it.

I have five grown children and eight grandchildren.  My deepest regret is that my children have never seen me slim....except in pictures.  I'm excited and a little scared about this surgery...mostly excited...thinking of what this could mean to my life....like I could actually have one. 
(deactivated member)
on 10/1/10 9:39 am
Topic: RE: What Have You Lost?
I have lost a cross between an Arnold schwarzeneger and an average football lineman. LOL
Kiki2010
on 9/30/10 12:57 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Topic: RE: Welcome to LOSE WEIGHT FIND LIFE!
I'm so glad to be here.
Looking forward to reading the inspirational posts and sharing our stories.
Kiki
Cathy W.
on 9/30/10 7:36 am
Topic: Courage To Be Myself
It takes courage to be ourselves.  The messages I received early in my childhood, of course the dreaded teenage years and beyond were that it wasn't okay to be myself.  Today, through a lot of personal growth and development (and wonderful counselors and coaches), I not only accept myself but I love myself and appreciate those things that make me who I am.  I spent a lot of years not liking them but that is so not true for today.  I love those things that make me who I am. 

Have the courage to be yourself.  Remember, all of us have the courage to:

* Embrace my strengths.
* Get excited about my life.
* Enjoy giving and receiving love.
* Face and transform my fears.
* Ask for help and support when I need it.
* Spring free of the Superwoman trap.
* Trust myself.
* Make my own decisions and choice.
* Be my own best friend.
* Complete unfinished business.
* Realize that I have emotional and practical rights.
* Talk as nicely to myself as I do to my pets and plants.
* Communicate lovingly with understanding as my goal.
* Honor my own needs.
* Give myself credit for my accomplishments.
* Love the child within me.
* Overcome my need for approval.
* Grant myself permission to play.
* Quit being a responsibility sponge.
* Feel all of my feelings and act on them appropriately.
* Nurture others becaue I want to, not because I have to.
* Choose what is right for me.
* Insist on being paid fairly for what I do.
* Set limits and boundaries, and stick to them.
* Say "yes" only when I really mean it.
* Have realistic expectations of myself.
* Take risks and accept change.
* Grow through challenges.
* Be totally honest with myself.
* Correct erroneous beliefs and assumptions.
* Respect my vulnerabilities.
* Heal old and current wounds.
* Wave good-bye to guilt.
* Plant "flower" not "weed" thoughts in my mind.
* Treat myself with respect and teach others to do the same.
* Fill my own cup first, then nourish others from the overflow.
* Own and honor my excellence.
* Plan for the future, but live in the present.
* Value my intuition and wisdom.
* Know that I am loveable.
* Develop healthy, supportive relationships.
* Accept myself just as I am right now, this very minute.

Accept and love yourself!!
Cathy
www.mydailyminutes.com

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

Cathy W.
on 9/30/10 7:35 am
Topic: RE: New to group.
Hi Sabrina,

Welcome to my OH Group.  I'm so happy you are a member. 

November 8th is right around the corner.  I hope you'll post and keep me updated on how you're doing as your date gets closer.  Please let us know how you're doing after your surgery. 

Who you really are is on the inside and that is what matters most.  You're taking this step for your health and live your best life!

I hope you'll also hang out with me on my personal blog as I post different things there.  My personal blog is:

www.mydailyminutes.com

Take care, Cathy

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!