VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Wanting to gain wei...

Wanting to gain weight. Am I crazy??

summer24
on 9/8/11 2:39 am
I agree with the other vets.  At first, I looked so thin that everyone thought I was sick. I had some plastics(tummy and boobies) and once I got the girls, people started saying how good I looked and if I had gained weight.  The reality was that I lost a few more pounds, but my bony chest was no longer visible.  My mother commented this spring that I look so much better with the weight I gained(at the time I was so low that I was trying to gain!)  Your fat does redistribute, although not where you might want it!  I would kill for it to leave my mid section and go farther south to my non existent butt!

Give your body a chance to reorganize itself.  Then you might be happy, and if not, just try to gain a couple of pounds at a time, because once you gain them, you will feel differently about it, and losing 2 is easy, but 10 not so much.  I gained 4 pounds, and realized I was happier thinner.  At 3+ years out, it is too easy to gain, and I have to keep an ever vigilant eye on the scale.  It's not hard to maintain, but it's easy to lose control.
laurak712
on 9/8/11 5:52 am - New Braunfels, TX
Debby, I have a VERY thin face and went to a brand new Dermatologist last week and the first thing she said to was that I look malnourished.  I was so insulted.  I'm 5"7 and weigh about 135...hardly malnourished by any standards.  I lift weights on a regular basis and have a lot of muscle and a low body fat percentage.  I am happy and healthy and like myself this way.  Also, I have very little trouble maintaining this weight so my body obviously likes it.  In fact, I think it would be kind of difficult to gain that much.  My tummy would feel bloated and yucky all the time.

Please don't fret about your bones...things will redistribute soon enough.  I'd be afraid to open the can of worms that gaining weight might bring...you know grazing and such.  Good luck.

Laura

Height 5' 7

MacMadame
on 9/8/11 6:56 am - Northern, CA
Time for some strength training! It's much better to cover your bones in muscles than in fat! Plus, you can control where the muscle goes better than you can control where the fat goes. In fact, you can't control where the fat goes at all. Another good things for muscles is that working on your glutes can give you a nice curvey butt.

I know that my pants fitting is also being hampered by my panus. I don't think the manufacturers of size 2s except someone to be quite so big in the stomach area while being so small everywhere else. There's not much to do about that except get PS. So I'm on the 3 year plan. In 3  years, I won't have a car payment so I'll take what I've saved up and get a loan for the rest.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

NanaDebby65
on 9/8/11 12:07 pm - North Richland Hills, TX
Thank you all for the responses/suggestions, def some "food" for thought! I really dont want to intentionally gain weight because of my past food history so I'm just going to sit tight and start incorporating some of the suggestions. Will see where it goes.

Debby
HW: 228/GW: 140/CW: 134