VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Costco Shrimp Wonto...

Costco Shrimp Wonton Soup Bowl

Mimi N. Y.
on 9/21/11 11:29 pm - New York, NY
    The last time I went to Costco I noticed they no longer had the shrimp wonton soup bowls.  Fast forward to yesterday - I saw them and the box looked a little different. I bought 2 boxes. I was in a rush and didn't bother reading the label.

Apparently, Chicken of the Sea  makes the new shrimp wonton soup bowls. Instead of 90 calories, it's now 100 and the previous soups contained 230 mg of sodium - it is now an astronomical over 1,000 mg!!!!!!  I had a **** fit since I don't like to have alot of sodium.  Granted, I don't eat them often, but the sodium I find is overkill!

Anyhoo, that's the last time I buy those suckers!

p.s. - can't tell you if they taste the same as I didn't have a chance to try them.

p.p.s. - I have a hard time with protein sometimes. At Costco I bought some cilantro/lime cooked shrimp - over a pound.  I was able to eat about half a pound of them luscious shrimp. I didn't know shrimp was a slider food - I did not feel uncomfortable eating that much.  I'm having the rest for lunch today. It was not expensive and already cooked and very, very tasty!
DragonGirl
on 9/22/11 1:55 am - MN
Mimi, just bring it back!! Costco has a "no questions asked" return policy, even if you don't have a receipt!
  Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
KathyA999
on 9/22/11 4:11 pm
Wow, I've missed the wonton shrimp bowl.  (The one I bought before, by CP, did have 100 calories.)  I've been buying the one with noodles, and just eat the shrimp and toss the noodles.  I'll have to look for the new one next time I'm at Costco.  I don't eat the broth (which is where the sodium is), so I'm good there.  (Can't eat and drink @ same time, gives me foamy burps.)

Thanks for the heads up!

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

MacMadame
on 9/23/11 4:13 am, edited 9/23/11 4:13 am - Northern, CA
Shrimp aren't a slider food for me. I can hardly eat any of them before I get full.

Isn't that interesting?

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights