VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » I'm beginning to th...

I'm beginning to think it's me

Mom4Jazz
on 10/8/11 12:57 pm
I saw a couple of folks on the main board about 1 month out talking about what they were eating. One was eating 1/3 to 1/2 cup of food, another said 3-4 oz which is about the same thing.

I'm six months out, went to Applebees tonight, ordered the sizzlin' grilled chicken & shrimp. Ate 3 small shrimp (much smaller than ****tail shrimp) two or three bits of the chicken and one piece of brocolli and I was done. Well under two ounces.

Last night I had a small chicken thigh. Weighed it at 1.75 oz before it went on the plate and didn't fini**** I'm still getting most of my protein from shakes (I don't absorb so well, so I shoot high on my protein numbers).

This is actually starting to concern me. My sleeve is a tight 40f; I had expected to be worried that I could eat too much. Instead, I'm honestly concerned that I cannot eat enough.

Were any of you vets eating less than 2 oz at 6 months?

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

mini_me_ now
on 10/8/11 1:38 pm

some where about there i could eat about 2 ounces  but i cant remember exactly what month...
but i can still not even at over 2yrs out eat as much as some of the new sleevers

Linda     5".4

6lbs under goal weight
                  Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

frisco
on 10/8/11 5:27 pm

I think your doing Great!

Sounds perfect actually.......The key is to have your capacity and your goal maintenance weight match at the end.......

If you need to get more calories in to make your numbers.....don't eat more per meal....just add another meal during the day.

Way to take care of your sleeve!

I just plated 2.5oz. of shredded pork, a thin slice of eggplant and a dollop of a red bell pepper/artichoke tapinade. Left a few bites on the plate.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Mom4Jazz
on 10/9/11 3:13 am
Will you come cook for me? Doubt I can pay as much as you get taking those photos of Adam & Jamie, but my heart is pure!

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

ThinLizzy
on 10/8/11 6:31 pm - Benicia, CA
Sounds pretty normal! I still generally only eat one chicken thigh at 4+ years out, and I know I can eat quite a bit more than I could at 6 months, so that sounds about right...particularly for chicken which is so dense. I now can eat as much as 4 ounces of protein at a sitting if I am really hungry and eat nothing else, but usually it's 2-3 ounces of protein and a few bites of veggies...Anyway, I know I was still really restricted at 6 months...

Lizanne

Starting BMI-38.5, Surgery 08/14/07

Mommy2Girls
on 10/8/11 11:12 pm
I'm almost 1 year out and I generally eat between 3-4 oz per meal. My advice to people is to always underfill your sleeve. Why overstuff it? 

My surgeon was honestly shocked at the amount per meal I eat at my 9 month checkup. More often than not he sees people always trying to fit MORE in. I told him I'm more than satisfied with 3oz of food, I eat by the clock (thank you NO hunger feelings), and I always tend to underfill because there is no reason to eat more! He was impressed, and I say it's because of the no hunger. 

I agree with Frisco about if you feel you aren't getting enough, just add another 2oz meal to your day!
-8lbs lost during the 6 month insurance hoop jumping,
the rest is since surgery.

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/11 2:50 am
Please don't worry about this, you are doing just fine.  I would say you are the normal one and the ones who can eat so much more are really headed for trouble.  I still eat 2-3 oz. of dense protein most meals with a few bites of veggies.  You are just fine,
heathermc44
on 10/9/11 11:37 am - Bremerton, WA
At 15 months out I can barely eat 2 ounces of dense protein.  I wouldn't really worry about it, though, because our weight does tend to even out.  I have not lost any weight in about4 months so obviously I'm doing just fine with maintenance.