VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Out-There sleevers ...

Out-There sleevers (meaning veterans) Whats the one food thing you cannot do without?

Lee ~
on 10/9/11 11:15 pm - CA
Not a vet yet either... but

Breakfast is BodyTech (Vitamin Shoppe)  Protein Pudding. Chocolate w/1 T of PB2 or Vanilla w/1 T unsweetened cocoa powder.  4 carbs w/o the add-ins  25 protein.

gg Brancrisp Crackers - big for 12 calories, 7 carbs, 5 fiber

Quest bars in Chocolate or Peanut Butter - my go to food when on the run

Beef, Pork, Shrimp, Fish

Lucernce Carbsmart fudge bar - new 3 carbs? 90 calories

romaine lettuce and fugi apples

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

sam1am
on 10/10/11 1:52 am
I almost always have egg salad in the fridge for a snack on 2- melba toast or for breakfast.
cheese strings or mini baby bel
smoked salmon
Pepperoni or turkey pepperettes
veggies and dip
I like to have precooked ground meat with taco sauce for a meal or a snack with a little cheese
Most meats, but not so much coldcuts
I finally found some Greek yogurt, so I'm looking forward to experimenting with it.

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Maintaining Cindy
on 10/10/11 2:40 am
Breakfasts - either rolled oats, raisins and milk OR Eggs and Cheese

Lunches - flour tortillia with ground chicken, cheese, cucumbers, ranch dressing, hot sauce and spices

Dinners - chicken breasts, italian sausage, shrimp, crab, lobster or various fresh fish or homemade chili (loaded with ground chicken and various beans eg. kidney, pinto, black, garbonzo, etc.)

Snacks - almonds, peanut butter, raisins, diet coke

I LOVE my meals and eat the same foods as above almost every single day.  I only vary if we are going out...

Cindy

p.s.  The odd time we will have hot dogs...  I know gross eh? lol

JustLora
on 10/10/11 3:59 am - Omaha, NE

My Top 3 are:
1. Cheese - all kinds & types
2. Eggs - 1 every day
3. Tea (hot or cold with splenda) &/or coffee with splenda & half & half

Lora

SW 235/GW 150/CW 140   I'm 5'6" 

moparmemaw
on 10/10/11 9:35 am - IA
My go to for snacks is fruit (watermelon during the summer, strawberries in the spring and grapes in fall/winter)

I have Snap Pea Crisps on hand for when I get the urge for something crunchy/salty.  They remind me a little of cheetos. 

Almonds - sometimes I'll have cashews for a little extra treat. Always 1 oz whichever I choose.

Turkey Jerky when I just want to chew something.

I pretty much sick with meat for my meals.  Sometimes have veggie at snack time (fresh tomatoes are my favorite)  Baby carrots or broccoli.  I like most veggies raw so they're an easy go-to snack.

Breakfast I eat Kashi Go Lean with skim milk or steel cut oatmeal (I add some PB 2 and SF syrup to add a little life to it)  Rarely eat traditional b'fast foods (eggs, etc).  Not that crazy about eggs...now bacon, that's a whole other story!  But keep that at a minimum and only on special occasions (like when we are away from home)

I also have SF gum for times when I'm experiencing head hunger and want to eat something.  The gum seems to help.  I've never been a gum chewer until now.  I also keep SF Life Savers on hand when I have the urge to eat something and I know I'm not hungry. Limit to 4. They don't seem to trigger a craving for more, so all is good.
Wanda
Some people might not support my WLS decision. 
Those people remind me of slinkys. Not good for much but it would would bring a smile to my face if someone pushed them down the stairs.

Ticker includes Pre-op weight loss 24 lb. 

Phyll H
on 10/10/11 7:52 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 08/04/08 with
McDonald's Non Fat Sugar Free lattes.
Jean in the I E
on 10/11/11 4:34 am - Fontana, CA
Some of my go to faves are:

Fage Greek yogurt - breakfast every morning
granny smith apples & pb
shrimp stir fry from TJ's - from the frozen section
tilapia filets
90% lean ground beef
baby lettuce & greens
tuna pouches
raw cocoa powder & sprouted chia powder - these are my newest finds and I get them at Henry's aka Sprout's. The chia powder is pure fiber :)

Jean  I'm 45, 5' 4-1/2" -- 315/272/230 -- 43 lbs lost pre-op
"Progress, not perfection..." ~Dr. Roger Gould
Breast reduction & lift - 11/11/11 (sooo wonderful!!!)

Kelley_S
on 10/12/11 6:07 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 11/23/10 with
Chobani greek yogurt
babybel cheese
100 cal packages of teriyaki beef jerky (i like that the smaller portion sizes have the pieces cut smaller too)
lunch to go tuna
deviled eggs
grilled chicken and stir fried bell peppers
frozen grapes

I love this post :-)

MacMadame
on 10/13/11 5:34 am - Northern, CA
Cheese sticks

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights