VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » 4 Day Post Op updat...

4 Day Post Op update - LBL

MikeyMike
on 11/23/11 2:11 am, edited 11/23/11 2:49 am - New York, NY
Had my Circumferential Lower Body Lift last Friday.

Had a follow-up visit on Monday. The doctor said I was doing great. He said make sure I get alot of rest. Measure my drainage output. He said once every eight hours or so was fine as I was doing it every four.

He said the four drains are going to be there for at least another week to week and a half. I asked him how to minimize complications. He said we are doing that by keeping the drains in. He doesn't like to remove them early. The biggest complication you can have at this point is to develop a seroma. The drains help with that.

He told me to come back next Monday for another followup.

I'm very tired. I do end up sleeping alot. I can't seem to get comfortable in the bed. I love my recliner. I'm not fond of the way his assistant dressed my bandages. Also feeling icky. So I'm going to have my wife change the bandages and 'll get cleaned up around the same time. Hopefully I can have her take some pictures so I can really see the work.

I could see some of it in the mirror he showed me. I'm still swollen but I could see the progress. The one thing I notice right away is a lost my sharpae butt. So far I'm happy and feel good.

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
Plastics: Circumferential Lower Body Lift - 11/18/2011
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

mini_me_ now
on 11/23/11 2:43 am

sounds like your doing really well Mikey, its good to hear that your resting alot, your body needs it..
Linda     5".4

6lbs under goal weight
                  Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

michellemj
on 11/23/11 1:21 pm
I'm so glad to hear you are hanging in there Mike! Tiredness and sleeping is good! Push that protein too to help with the recovery.

and yay! No more wrinkley butt! :) I bet you are most thankful!

Can't wait to see pics! (but maybe not of the butt...or maybe so).

HW: 280; SW: 255; GW1: 150; CW: 155.

(deactivated member)
on 11/23/11 1:28 pm
I would rather adopt a sharpei than wear one.....

I'm glad your doing better.  It must be pretty uncomfortable though with all the drians.  I hope you can get some better sleep soon.

Your wife sounds like an Angel.
Marie B.
on 11/23/11 10:37 pm - Pitman, NJ
VSG on 09/20/10 with
You're a courageous man Mike!   Hoping you recover well and strong.  Blessings to you  
Rie
Highest weight ever recorded: 224lbs.    Surgery weight: 194 lbs.
Goal range:  130-135 lbs.
  Lowest:119.7   Current weight 142lbs Height: 5' 2" almost

Valerie K.
on 11/25/11 11:46 am - Dearborn, MI
 You had alot done to you. I only had a tummy tuck I still swell so much at the end of the day. My drains stayed in for 3 weeks. I hurt at night most of the time now. All most off my pain medication. I never had the recliner my doc told me not to do that he wanted to lay flat and stretch do not walk like I am a little old lady to stand up as straight as I could. 

I do not think I could have done what you did i am such a chicken hate pain and your kind of operation sounds so pain full. When they removed my 3 drains i felt nothing no pain. Sounds like your doing great. cant wait to see the pictures. Heal fast. 
My surgeon gave me the tool. Now it is up to me to use it right.

Kenwillmore
on 11/25/11 6:37 pm
Glad to hear you are doing ok, continue to get plenty of rest. 

HW: 258 SW: 248 GW: 150  

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/