VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » I hit GOAL today!!!...

I hit GOAL today!!! x-post

debk21
on 12/7/11 12:06 am - Mansfield, TX
One year and 15 days after surgery, I finally reached my personal goal!!!!  Woo Hoo!  I cannot even express the number of changes in my life and sense of satisfaction I feel in finally achieving this milestone.  It's been a wonderful journey and it has taught me alot about myself.  I'm truly scared to death of maintenance.  This, obviously, is where I have failed in the past.  I think I'm going to lose an additional 10 pounds as the "bounceback" issue scares me silly.  I've been so diligent during the losing phase that I'm hoping it's not an issue but I'm afraid to add calories and carbs back into my diet.  I want these pounds to be gone forever.  I plan to stay active on OH to keep me motivated and continue to log my food into my fatsecret app on my phone to make sure that I don't get off track.  I've learned that this is a permanent lifestyle change if I want it to work forever...and I do.   Thank you all for your support during this journey and remember that the tool will not work unless you work your tool.

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

atlanta_living
on 12/7/11 12:33 am
Congratulations Deb!  What an amazing job you have done. 

~Helen~
“You can suffer the pain of change or suffer remaining the way you are.?  ~Joyce Meyer~

Ht 5'0" /Consult Wt: 214 /Surg Wt: 205 /Goal Wt: 125 / Current Wt: 119       
PaulaS
on 12/7/11 1:12 am - TX
Awesome job!!!! 
I hear you about maintenance - it scares me, too!   I am 1# away from my goal, but may revise it down.   I want that "bounceback" cushion, too.   
What has helped me the most is that my DH is eating the same as I do, just a little larger portion, and we both exercise daily.   Be both keep each other on track.  
I was opposed to logging my food at first, but find that really helps keep me accountable.  

Good luck with you maintenance!   I know you have it figured out and will do fine!

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
Phyll H
on 12/7/11 2:04 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 08/04/08 with

VSG  8-4-08  -5'5
HW   310
SW   216
CW   172
LW    160
GW   170  
GW    170- 175

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion

Ms Shell
on 12/7/11 2:22 am - Hawthorne, CA
You have done an amazing job!!  Maintenance is scary but you can do it!!  You have the tools and support so be sure to use them!

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Maintaining Cindy
on 12/7/11 3:11 am
  Congratulations!!!  Great Job!! 

loverofcats
on 12/7/11 6:33 am
Congratulations on reaching goal!! It is a wonderful milestone. Just keep doing what you're doing and you will be able to maintain.

Gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Lee ~
on 12/7/11 6:34 am - CA
Big Kudos on the wonderful job you have done with your recovery.  Congratulations on hitting your goal!!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

debk21
on 12/7/11 7:37 am - Mansfield, TX
Thank you everyone!  I'm gonna love being an official card carrying member of the maintenance club!!! 

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

BuckeyeGirl
on 12/7/11 8:27 am - TN
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!

Woo Hoo! That is fantastic!

Big Congrats!
Lindsey