VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Would Love to make ...

Would Love to make WLS part of new Career

VeraG
on 1/12/12 2:51 am - Bonner Springs, KS
I find myself newly unemployed.  I'm not really sad about it.  I was just thinking this is a great time to re-evaluate my position in life.  I would love to make my WLS experience a part of a new career.  I have lots of experinece with different things, but I've been in Accounting for over 10 years and I'm not sure that's the route I want to go.

So.........my OH friends.  What would you suggest??  I would love to be a spokes person of some sort.  I really have no idea where to begin.  Should I contact my surgeons office?

Living until I die!

DragonGirl
on 1/12/12 4:13 am - MN
Vera,
I volunteer to speak for the Informational meetings our hospital hosts every 2 weeks. One of the guys I speak with went to school over a period of a couple years and is now a certified nutritonist. He's been getting a few invites to speak at conferences. He does a cooking show for Bariatric TV...he has his own web site and I know he does podcasts. He also has a local support group for guys as well. He can't make it a full time career..YET...but he is well on his way!
Heidi
  Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
Mama477
on 1/12/12 11:33 pm
Give your surgeon a call. I, too, would love to work for my surgeon's program and actually submitted a resume this week for an admin support position. I hv no medical background but have loads of admin/operations/technology and am willing to work for minimal pay to gt in the door.

You've got nothing to lose by calling them. Let me know how it goes.

Meg
  HW 236 / SW 224 / CW 164/ GW 135

moparmemaw
on 1/13/12 10:55 am - IA
Contact Dr. Hoehn's office and good luck!  You would make a great addition to their team.  Maybe there's an opening for another volunteer (like Connie) which would get your foot in the door for future paid positions. 
Wanda
Some people might not support my WLS decision. 
Those people remind me of slinkys. Not good for much but it would would bring a smile to my face if someone pushed them down the stairs.

Ticker includes Pre-op weight loss 24 lb. 

Valerie K.
on 1/15/12 11:29 am, edited 1/14/12 11:33 pm - Dearborn, MI
Vera I just started college for this reason. I am going to school to become a Medical/sectary. I want to be in the front office when people come in to get started on there journey. I cant wait to get my degree and I pray there is a general surgeon who does wls will hire this old lady lol.

My surgeon told me he can not hire me so after I get the diploma I will be searching.
He did say I can come to his seminars to talk to others about my journey I all ready do this for him from time to time. He has a new office now and I am sure I will be going more to talk. But I still want to work for a wls.

Best of luck in what ever you choose to do.

My surgeon gave me the tool. Now it is up to me to use it right.