VSG Maintenance Group

Is it just me...

novascotiadawn
on 1/25/12 10:38 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

or do any of you get this....Eating ice cream gives me BAD pains in my stomach...and runs!!!....I don't even care for ice cream, but the odd time will have a craving and have about a 1/2 cup...

Hugs

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

Ms Shell
on 1/25/12 12:51 pm - Hawthorne, CA
Lactose intollerance??

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

novascotiadawn
on 1/25/12 8:50 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Hi Ms.Shell!!

No, am fine with milk and yogurt!!...Just seems to be ice cream...Which I don't mind..Not a red light food for me!!

Hugs

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

Ms Shell
on 1/26/12 3:42 am - Hawthorne, CA
I'm ok with ALL dairy except Milk and Ice Cream...

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

dec721
on 1/25/12 8:33 pm - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
 Yep, Donna, ice cream does NOT sit well any more.  I start to feel light-headed and sick, and pretty soon I'll be in the outhouse :-)  I don't have the same trouble with other milky foods, but ice cream does it to me ... thank goodness, or I'd eat more of it!
--Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

DarleneR
on 1/25/12 9:16 pm
Could it possibly be the sugar in it?  Do you have problems with other sweets?

HW/SW/GW/CW
296/277/180/185.6
summer24
on 1/26/12 2:09 am, edited 1/26/12 2:10 am
I have the exact, same thing.  I can drink milk, eat yogurt, cottage cheese, any cheese- no problem.  I eat chocolate, cake, cookies- no problem.  Now, put the two together as in a full fat and sugared ice cream, and I have severe dumping, Coldstone's is the worst.  Maybe the combination of the two just pushes us over our threshold.  There are some sweets that if I eat too much will make me nauseous as well.
Margo N.
on 1/26/12 1:04 pm
Coldstone did it to me too - the only time other than early post-op, when I was learning not to overeat, that I was well and truly sick after a meal. Strong stomach pain, sweat, shallow breathing, nausea, etc. I had maybe 1/2 scoop and it did have some mix-ins, probably some peanut butter cups or something. Was dessert after 1/2 slice of pizza for a celebratory dinner of sorts.

I had to go home right quick, lie down in bed for about 2 hours before I felt human again.

I usually make sugar free ice cream or frozen yogurt for myself at home and eat that with no problem at all. No problem with other dairy either, and I suspect it was the lethal combination of fats and sugars that did it to me.
Margo - Burnaby, British Columbia HW 283 / SW 269 / GW 160 (I'm 5'8")
Check out my blog at http://www.vsggoodlife.com/

moparmemaw
on 1/27/12 9:17 am - IA
I WISH!   It's my summertime sin.  No problem with it at all, unfortunately!
Wanda
Some people might not support my WLS decision. 
Those people remind me of slinkys. Not good for much but it would would bring a smile to my face if someone pushed them down the stairs.

Ticker includes Pre-op weight loss 24 lb. 

MacMadame
on 1/30/12 11:25 am - Northern, CA
It could still be lactose intolerance, just a mild form. I can eat 1/2 a cup of ice cream but more than that and I get all crampy. The same thing happens if I have more than a few oz. of milk. But I can do cheese and yogurt and protein shakes just fine.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights