VSG Maintenance Group

Need Advise...

stephanieplum
on 7/6/12 10:52 pm
VSG on 06/27/12
 Thank You.  I'm feeling much better today. Taking your advice and drinking much slower!

justeric78
on 7/6/12 2:00 pm - Houston, TX
You are welcome to post here Stephanie. I think Dianes advice would be perfect for your situation. I know I can get tha****er logged feeling but I have to really over do it at this point. not pleasant.

stephanieplum
on 7/6/12 10:49 pm
VSG on 06/27/12
 Thank You!  I know I can learn a lot from you!

(deactivated member)
on 7/6/12 3:38 pm
I would try a few different things.  First, the easiest thing is to drink smaller quantities slower.  I was advised to drink a shot glass full every 15 min. early out.  If that doesn't work, it is still possible that the type of protein or other ingredients in your shake cause this discomfort.  I had to try a number of shakes before I found one that would work for me.  GNC has a policy where you can buy the shake, try it, and if it's not working for you, bring it back.  That might be a way to go.  There were many formulas that gave me gas and made me feel bloated, but I eventually found a few that did not do this.  Good luck to you.  If you are still struggling, let me know, I will put a list together for you of the ones that worded for me.  Please know that you are more than welcome to post here. 
stephanieplum
on 7/6/12 10:48 pm
VSG on 06/27/12
 I have really been struggling to drink the shakes but knew I needed to get my protein in.  I've felt bloat before, but not like this!  So, off to the store I go.  I may hit you up for that list.  Thanks So Much!

Pura Vida
on 7/6/12 7:47 pm - Costa Rica
Does your shake have lactose? I have never been lactose intolerant, but for the first 2 months post op, if I drank milk, or made a shake with milk, I would have the symptoms your describing. Sometimes I would get bloated, sweaty and feeling awful.
stephanieplum
on 7/6/12 10:43 pm
VSG on 06/27/12
 I don't know...but I bet it does.  I'll ck it out. Thanks!

stephanieplum
on 7/6/12 10:41 pm
VSG on 06/27/12
 Thank you So Much for all the responses. Taking a trip to GNC today :). And, will drink Much slower.  I don't ever want to experience that again.  

justeric78
on 7/6/12 11:44 pm - Houston, TX
If you are going to GNC check out the lean 25 powder they have. It is a blue and white container. You can mix it with water and it still comes out thick and yummy. After all the different types I tried including premier it is my favorite. They have a ton of different flavors to choose from as well. Worth a shot at least, and with GNC if you do not like it then you can take it back. You will also want a stick blender, ninja, or bullet with the powder. Sip slow!

stephanieplum
on 7/6/12 11:47 pm
VSG on 06/27/12
 I will ck it out ...thank you!