VSG Maintenance Group

Need Advise...

stephanieplum
on 7/6/12 11:08 am
VSG on 06/27/12
  I'm drinking Premeire Protein and after half a shake I am bloated.  Tonight, has been the worst...feeling awful with a tummy ache.  Am I drinking too fast?  Do I need to look for another protein shake?  

happyteacher
on 7/6/12 11:12 am
On July 6, 2012 at 6:08 PM Pacific Time, stephanieplum wrote:
  I'm drinking Premeire Protein and after half a shake I am bloated.  Tonight, has been the worst...feeling awful with a tummy ache.  Am I drinking too fast?  Do I need to look for another protein shake?  

I think your instinct is good- try slowing it down.   You are not very far out yet.  You may want to post on the main vsg board- it appears many here tire of dealing with newbies by the looks of one of the threads.  If you have any questions the main board can help out or feel free to pm me.  Peace.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

stephanieplum
on 7/6/12 11:16 am
VSG on 06/27/12
 I did ...no one answered me:( So thought I would try here. Thanks for reply.

stephanieplum
on 7/6/12 12:08 pm
VSG on 06/27/12
 And, I have to say that the vets have always been very helpful and have been great about sharing info and experiences with me:). They have welcomed me to this board as a newbie and I appreciate that!  

(deactivated member)
on 7/6/12 3:45 pm
I am glad you feel welcomed.  You have always shown a great determination, attitude and perseverance.  It is clear to any VET that giving you advice will not be wasted but will contribute to your already predetermined success story.  You are pleasure to support, I hope you always feel comforted and supported here.
stephanieplum
on 7/6/12 10:57 pm
VSG on 06/27/12
 Thank You, Elina...I appreciate the kind words.  I'm thankful for you and the other vets.  It's making my journey seem possible!  And, when I'm in doubt I can come here to ask questions and receive answers from those who has experienced it themselves. 

happyteacher
on 7/6/12 12:39 pm

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Britgal8888
on 7/6/12 12:43 pm - CA
VSG on 11/28/11 with
I drink 1/2 a Premier in the morning and save the other half for a treat in the evening.  You might want to try this.  I'm almost 8 months postop VSG.
      LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers    

stephanieplum
on 7/6/12 10:52 pm
VSG on 06/27/12
 Thanks!

diane S.
on 7/6/12 12:58 pm
not sure how fast you are drinking this but most likely its too fast. I used to keep one in the fridge, pour out two ounces , drink that, pour out another two and so on. It would get warm otherwise and taste icky. I actually used to put it in the freezer. It can take close to an hour to finish a drink in the early stages. put it in a fancy little glass and pour out those two ounces. your stomach is like a shot glass right now.  

main thing about protein drinks is to find one you can stand to drink and thats not too high calorie like ones for body builders. premier was always one of the better tasting ones.

diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/