VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » VGS scheduled Oct 1...

VGS scheduled Oct 1st!

ms.parker
on 9/18/12 10:19 pm

Im newer to OH and just cant believe that i am scheduled for surgery. I start my 10 day liquid diet on friday. Any tips or suggestions- or even stories about anyones experiences?

Looking to find new friends to be apart of this journey!

PINK62
on 9/19/12 10:25 am - Canada
Congratulations on Surgery DATE!  I had my VSG on Feb 10 2011.  Stick to the liquid diet and don't cheat follow exactly what they tell you...For me, it was the tuffest thing to do but everyone is different.  Once you have surgery you'll see the pounds melt off, just make sure you stick to healthy eating patterns...it will count for later! Big Hug and all the best!

Life is full of challenges...we take things one step at a time...

dec721
on 9/19/12 12:13 pm - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Welcome, ms.parker!  

What the above poster said is right on.  Follow your surgeon's guidelines to a tee for at least the first year, drink water like a fish, stay far far away from sugar and simple carbs (they will cause you to crave more of the same!), and move!  

And you might want to check out the main VSG page:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg  because you have stumbled on the VSG maintenance page, which is mostly old-timers who have pretty much finished the losing phase of our journey.  Not that you aren't welcome, because you certainly are!

Anyway, best wishes on your surgery and recovery :-)

--Dorothy    

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!