VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Daily Maintenance W...

Daily Maintenance Weigh In - Thursday 9/20

NanaDebby65
on 9/20/12 5:51 pm - North Richland Hills, TX

I guess I could technically say I have lost 100 lbs because my highest weight ever was 238 but that was 16 years ago. I guess I will see if I can convince my brain to embrace it! :)

HW: 228/GW: 140/CW: 134    
loverofcats
on 9/20/12 8:52 am
111.1 lbs, down from Sunday's 112, but still a bit higher than I would like.

Sending healing vibes to all the sick people out there.

Gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

(deactivated member)
on 9/20/12 9:18 am

Have had crazy restriction this week. Loving it  - except I am having trouble pushing more than 1000 calories per day this week. Even at that I'm drinking just over 200 of those calories in a shake and protein coffee.

The cold is killing me! I used to be hot all the time. I am not used to these chilly mornings. My hands are icy cold almost all the time now, too - except when I work out and for a few hours after that. But in the morning they are like ice cubes and stay that way until I workout in the afternoon. Anyone else have this?

I'm expecting even a mild California winter to be a new experience for me.
INgirl
on 9/20/12 10:10 am
Yes! I always ran cold even pre-op, except when it was hot out.. I was a temperate only girl.. extremes of either end would bug me.. but last winter was hard on me due to the increased cold sensitivity.. and I'm starting to feel it now, but it seems (so far) not as bad, but the house is 72 and I'm in my silks & a short sleeve sweater too, so... My feet & hands get cold and do not warm up unless I do something to make them warm, that's always been me though.. room temp extremities.

Check into silk long underwear.. they even make sock & glove liners.. they are super-light, breathable and very warm. I wear them 24/7 from Oct-March! Wool bedsocks are a must as well. If my feet are cold, I can't sleep. It's a sexy look I tell ya.
Crabadams72
on 9/20/12 12:33 pm - Silver Spring, MD
Maryland is a bit warmer than my hometown (Cincinnati) but still too cold for me. I need the tropics year round. 80 every day!

My feet and hands stay cold and my sinuses tend to run when I'm cold. They are predicting that we will have a hard winter here. We were mild and dry last winter.
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

edelu
on 9/20/12 10:22 pm - los angeles, CA
OK i have to jump in here and say as someone who has been struggling with 97 degree weather for weeks on end I'm jealous.

Mom4Jazz
on 9/21/12 4:13 am
Where do you find the sock liners? Must have.

I had to get a twin electric blanket for my side of the bed, but I still wear socks. Yeah, it's a look.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

INgirl
on 9/21/12 10:34 am
 Wintersilks

They have several different weights of silk long underwear.. from near see through (still warm) to fuzzy thick. I love them, but I think there's prob less expensive somewhere.. just haven't needed to yet. 
Foxbins
on 9/20/12 6:29 pm
I have been living in layers since my surgery in Jan 2011.  I wear a sweater or fleece all the time except when I am actively exercising.  I have a heated mattress pad (like an electric blanket, only under you) that warms the bed without smothering me in too many covers.  This would be okay if I still lived in NYC, but I'm in California too!  Still freezing even though 55F is a cold day here.
Pat H.
on 9/20/12 9:24 am
122.4 today. Hope everyone has a great day!

SW - 234.5  GW - 140.5   Met Goal on 5/7/12