VSG Maintenance Group

Two Years Old

MacMadame
on 10/8/12 2:26 am - Northern, CA
I joined this board almost two years ago and I wasn't the first so I think we'rea bout two years old. Yikes, has it really been that long?!

I did the cottage cheese test today. 6 oz. on the dime. That's slightly less than last year, but last time my measuring system wasn't all that accurate for various reasons.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

INgirl
on 10/8/12 2:49 am
Just wondering for curiosity sake (no intentions of trying this, I like cottage cheese.. but :)

.. how long do you give yourself to eat the stuff when you are checking your volume? Mine has not changed much that I can tell from about 8mo out.. still pegged at about the same amount of chicken breast, my usual "marker" of volume - 2.25-2.5oz weighed, alone. 

MacMadame
on 10/8/12 9:09 am - Northern, CA
The official instructions say no more than 5 min. I've never been able to go that long. I quickly get to a point where I can stand the idea of even one more bite.

dec721
on 10/8/12 10:28 pm - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Hey Mac --  

I joined the main VSG board before my surgery in 2008, so it is over four years old!  Woo hoo!  It was THE place to learn about living the sleeved life back then, and we all knew each other. Now I'm so grateful for this maintenance board, because I am totally overwhelmed with all the folks on the main VSG board.  Thanks, Diane, for getting this board up and running!

--Dorothy 

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

Lee ~
on 10/8/12 10:37 pm - CA
I got a message last week that two years ago I joined lapbandtalk then vertical sleeve talk. As soon as I heard the word sleeve, I knew I'd found my baby. I came to OH shortly after that.

At 2 years I could eat 7 oz cottage cheese but my eyes rolled back in my head from stuffed. I think I can eat 5-6 ounces without wanting to hurl. I have a lose 40f that was not pulled tight or oversewn. In July, when in mexico with a friend who was being sleeved, I got to see Sleevie under a fluoroscope, it looks the size of a fist when filled with a scrambled egg and 1/2 piece of toast. The surgeon looking at it said that much of the stretchy part of my stomach is still there.

That's ok, just means I need to be very very careful with what I eat.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

MacMadame
on 10/9/12 1:05 am - Northern, CA
Well restriction is just part of it. There is also the hunger control. Without that, we'd all just eat around our sleeves!

sam1am
on 10/9/12 9:05 am
OK, maybe this is a dumb question, but is that by weight or by volume? (Are they the same in this case?)

In any event, its great to know that it's stayed the same! 

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

MacMadame
on 10/9/12 12:16 pm - Northern, CA
In the case of cottage cheese, they are indeed the same. I think also for yogurt but maybe not.

sam1am
on 10/9/12 12:21 pm
Thanks!  I should do some simple tests to wrap my mind around this, like what a cup of water weighs compared to cottage cheese or spaghetti sauce and so on.  Once I get this figured out, I'll try to convert (or sometimes reconvert) back to the Canadian metric system, LOL.

Thanks again Marie!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One