VSG Maintenance Group

Dear Elina,

slimpickins5280
on 12/24/12 2:04 am - CO

I need you to know how much I appreciate you. I've spent the last week eating mostly Green Chicken Soup (GCS) and I lost 3 1/2 lbs in 1 week.

That kind of weight loss for me is, well ...amazing. The last time I lost that much weight in 1 week was in July when I did 3 days of protein shakes after a 2-week vacation.  

This time is different for a number of reasons. By eating the GCS I was able to use it as a replacement for protein bars. The protein bars have been difficult for me to get rid of, partly because I have such a small capacity, but mostly because I LOVE them. The soup has been a perfect replacement. This has been the first week that I didn't have brain crap going on with the protein bars.

I'm going into Christmas and I'm actually excited when it comes to food. Yesterday, I baked cookies all day and I ate zero. Didn't even lick my fingers.

Thank you. Thank you.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

INgirl
on 12/24/12 5:28 am

If you have not tried- her southwest chicken soup rocks too. She has been a bright light here, thank you Elina!

I had not been a soup-maker pre-op.. since trying some of hers, I have branched out and frequently make soups- especially around the times I know I will be indulging more. It's a great balancer, and a good food to calm and keep a belly happy and warm in the winter.

slimpickins5280
on 12/24/12 5:52 am - CO

I printed that one off as well, but I'm still loving the GCS.

I make a lot of all meat chili's but am just now moving into the soup arena, thanks to Elina.

I'm effing freezing all the time and I love the warm soup. My hubby wants some more all-meat (Texas-style) chili, so I will make that next for him. Then I think I'll try that Southwest soup.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

(deactivated member)
on 12/24/12 9:52 am

I love you guys right back.  I am really glad the soups are working for you.  They have saved me over and over again in many different situations.  I used it when I needed to lose weight and when I over indulged and needed a little cleanse and also when it's just cold and rainy and I need comfort food.  I don't post on OH as much as I used to, but it still really warms my heart that I can be helpful in some way.  Merry Christmas and hugs. 

slimpickins5280
on 12/24/12 10:00 am - CO

Happy Hanukkah - a little late.

I will be using the soup as a cleanse on Wednesday. I'm sure I will need them after the Christmas fun we will be having.

mamalegba
on 12/25/12 7:33 pm - Bonne Terre, MO

Where can I get those recipes?  I looked on Elina's profile but didn't see.

Thanks

Barbara        
laurak712
on 12/26/12 3:00 am - New Braunfels, TX
If you click on the archives on her profile you will find all her recipes. I believe the green chicken soup is in the jan 2010 archive. You just have to look month by month.

Laura

Height 5' 7

ruggie
on 12/29/12 11:46 am - Sacramento, CA

I would like to vote Elina for position of VSG Queen.

All hail the Queen!

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

(deactivated member)
on 12/30/12 4:10 am

I opened your post at the same time that my daughter was walking through the room. She looked at the screen and said, " Well, that fits." I said," What fits honey?" She responded," You're definitely the queen because you always call me 'princess'."   :)

It's funny, because this same talk came up a while ago when I was referred to pejoratively as "VSG royalty".  At that time I declined the offer and preferred to be referred to as Goddess, I think I chose Athena, but Sophia would also have been acceptable, but in this case, I think I like Queen better.  :)

ruggie
on 12/30/12 4:22 am - Sacramento, CA

If only I were better with PhotoShop... I would have given you a crown....