VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Anyone here remembe...

Anyone here remember me?

bikerchickk
on 1/1/14 10:39 am - Sequim, WA

I am working at becoming a work out a holic. :)

Height 5'6"  HW 263 SW 239 LW 142 From size 20/22 to size 5/6   

At 4 years out I crept back up to 180 now working my way back down. CW 173 size 10

wdp1015
on 1/1/14 11:08 am

Hi there!  So good to hear from you. I remember you well.  I too am struggling and came back to see how others are doing that had surgery around the time I did. If I remember right, you had your surgery not long before me.

I've had some real big life changes and stress this past year. I reached goal by the end of my first year and was able to maintain that for the first few years.  I gained 8 pounds back the last few months of 2012 and into the first few months of 2013.  I haven't gained anymore throughout 2013, but I haven't lost it either.

my old emotional eating has returned and I seem to be reaching for "slider" foods these days. I'm finding myself bored with my meals and not satisfied.  I feel like my hunger has returned, but I'm also wondering if it's true hunger or head hunger.

I know this is only a tool, and I'm scared to death I will gain back the weight. 

I got back on here to see what the norm was for people this far out.  I had a scope done last year to check out some reflux issues that never went away, and the Dr. Told me my sleeve had really good restriction for someone as far out as me, but I still worry. I'm not able to eat much more dense protein than the beginning, but other things go down much more easily now. I miss that feeling. It was like a security blanket knowing how tight I felt. 

How has your restriction changed and what are you eating these days?

bikerchickk
on 1/1/14 11:24 am - Sequim, WA

I sometimes have good restriction, sometimes not so great. I can eat just about anything, which is not a good thing. I do get full much faster than anyone else I know, but I can eat more than I could the first year after my surgery. I did not really gain anything bac****il the last year. I started drinking diet soda again and had carb cravings I never had before then. Now I have given up the soda the cravings are gone and I am losing. I am doing a 48 liquid diet right now to carb cleanse. If you are eating more carbs you are going to have cravings for more carbs, tat can come across as hunger.

I am going back to eating my high protein, low carb diet. I was eating anything and now I am paying for it.

At 4 years out I crept back up to 180 now working my way back down. CW 173 size 10

wdp1015
on 1/1/14 12:03 pm

Yes, I did allow carbs back in as it became easier to eat them. I wish I hadn't done that. I guess that would explain the cravings.  When I try to go back to basics and eat just the protein, I'm not satisfied and give into cravings.  Maybe I should try harder to phase them out and see if the cravings subside.  Instead of being so hard on myself, I should calm down and realize that I'm much more serious about not letting it get too far out of control.  8 pounds seems like a failure, but I need to learn from it, take action and move ahead in the right direction.

I've never heard of the 48 carb cleanse. I'll google:)

CJCC55
on 1/2/14 7:58 am - Cleveland, TN

Yes, I remember you too.  Your surgery was the day after mine, I think.   I am about 7 lb over my goal wt now, and have to work at it to stay below goal.   Most times my restriction is still very good, but there are days when I can eat alot more.   Makes me worry.  All in all though, am still very thankful for my sleeve.  Sounds like you know what to do.  It just gets a little harder.  I am also working at it.

Wishing you all the best, Carol       
count your blessings!!!!   At goal weight.   I am 5 ft 3.    

novascotiadawn
on 1/2/14 10:43 am, edited 1/2/14 10:48 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I remember you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... An Mikey toooo!!!! been wondering where Mikey got to!!!

Hugs Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

MikeyMike
on 1/3/14 10:20 am - New York, NY

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
Plastics: Circumferential Lower Body Lift - 11/18/2011
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

summer24
on 1/8/14 4:59 am

Summer?!

bikerchickk
on 1/8/14 8:42 am - Sequim, WA

Um yeah, that's mah name!

summer24
on 1/9/14 2:11 am

I remember you!  Great to see you back!  I'm rarely on here any more, but I do check in from time to time.

I have gained a few and lost a few.  I think I have it down pat that if i allow myself to eat what I want for a specific reason(holidays, birthday)  although I might go off track for a bit, I can reel it in pretty easily.  I still have great restriction, but grazing can be an issue for me.  Also, carbs will make me crave more carbs!  Right now I'm detoxing from them and it's not easy!  Weighing myself daily keeps me honest.

I find that now I have to be more conscious of controlling what I eat.  It's more like a normal person's eating, I would guess.  But I still eat a lot less than most people around me, thank God!