VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Sunday, January 31s...

Sunday, January 31st

Paula1965
on 1/31/16 12:49 pm
VSG on 04/01/15

Love CCR!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

(deactivated member)
on 1/31/16 10:40 am, edited 1/31/16 5:06 am

Hi all! Way too leisurely of a morning and now I'm running behind! Will edit to post more later. Had to tell you though that I was very impulsive and bought a food saver from QVC this morning. I promised Auntie Kathryn I would watch In The Kitchen With David this morning (as I never have) and I spent a hundred bucks. I hope I don't regret it. It looks like it will come in very handy for my single serving sizes . Anyone else use one?

Oh, scale the same. 

EDIT: Client dog now groomed and Ron and I will continue the b'day fest with a brunch out. He got a freebie at a local organic food diner for his b'day. Good food and I can eat 100% on plan! 

We did go out for Chinese last night at a new place. Food okay, but WAY TOO PRICY - $100 for four of us. And we did not order a lot. At our old place (with far better food) before the proprietors retired we would have paid about $60 for a much, much better dinner (and mostly organic, too!). I was able to eat pretty much on plan, but not completely. We also went out to an ice cream shop afterwards. I have never seen anything like this place before. I did have a small ice cream and I will tell you, it was worth every single carb gram and calorie. I have never tasted anything like it in my life. Frankly, the best gelato I've ever had pales in comparison. Please check out the video: smitten ice cream story I know it's a Bay Area thing, but it really is fascinating. My only thought is that I may have perhaps kicked myself out of ketosis. 

I am debating getting either a yogurt maker or that InstaPot that HappyTeacher keeps raving about on the VSG board. I don't know though if I like braised meats all that much, but it also is a slow cooker. Has anyone used a yogurt maker? I spend a bloody fortune on Fage every month so I am toying with the idea of getting a yogurt maker. Thoughts????? 

Have restful rest of your Sunday! Best wishes for an upcoming week of food success - whatever your weight goals be! 

Shel25
on 1/31/16 1:15 pm

We used a food saver for many years. Food really does keep better/longer in it. Foods came out of the bag/freezer just like the day they went in.  No freezer burn or icky water crystals.  When one unit stopped working (it was heavily used) we would immediately buy another.  Totally worth the counter space!

Then I got weird about plastic (my issue alone) and switched to using a million little glass containers.  The food saver eventually moved on to Good Will. 

Enjoy!

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

Shel25
on 1/31/16 1:47 pm

HappyTeacher's posts finally pushed me into an instapot, too!  I find it hard to believe that its yogurt will be better than my beloved Ellenos or my old love, Fage.  But, I think it is worth a try.  I'll probably make yogurt next weekend.  

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

Paula1965
on 1/31/16 2:31 pm
VSG on 04/01/15

I don't have a yogurt maker but I do have the InstaPot an love it. Since it can do double duty (or more) I think I would go with it. You can make shredded beef or pork in 30 minutes, soups are a breeze. I have not made yogurt yet but may try this week. My fav plain yogurt is Nostimo - so creamy smooth!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

diane S.
on 1/31/16 10:52 am

Greetings skinny earthlings;

Well not much to report. still at 128.5. Jee, I wonder why I don't lose any weight - could it be that I do no exercise and eat too much cheese?  Must ponder this.  

Sun is out so dogs may get a walk. The old one can't go more than about 6 blocks these days (meaning the old dog, not me).

Yesterday was a slow day at the gallery so I walked in circles and did cleaning and rearranged stuff repeatedly. The place was recently updated and the displays moved around and it looks great.  

Last nights dinner was leftover prime rib on a salad. Most delicious. I think I'll have to get a take out prime rib once in a while since its 3 or 4 dinners. 

Ocean Diane, be careful if you are getting light headed.  I fainted about a year ago and dr. thinks it was low blood sugar. I think dehydration too. Don't over do it.  

Carbon I think you need to trash your scale. Its obviously joined some rebel underground group. And phooey on those music jerks.  We had the same problem at our art studio with disagreements on music plus people who would burst into song.  New rule: no music - everyone listens to their own with mp3 players. 

diane s

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

TeashaLorna
on 1/31/16 12:41 pm, edited 1/31/16 4:42 am - Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

Good afternoon all. I actually am able to get a hotspot working today off my data on my phone. My phone is to small for me to view posts so I have not been checking in. One week in Cuba down one more to go. Tracking my food but eating to many carbs, it's all good though I'm not worrying about it.  It's holidays!!  Doing lots of walking upwards of 10 miles a day.  Ran the beach a few times but I broke my toe and my runners hurt so it is walking the beach now. 

I see everyone is doing well, keep up the great work all. Hugs. Lorna

Now to see if the hotspot lasts long enough to post this.

Dr Ponce de Leon Mexico     VSG 4 Jun 12. I lost 57 lbs on my own before having a VSG. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.