VSG Maintenance Group

Friday, April 15th

stephanieplum
on 4/15/16 2:09 pm
VSG on 06/27/12

Hi! Everyone!  I'm off today.  We've had a relaxing morning . Then off to buy plants and replace a couple of pots in our "pot garden"  I plan to spray paint a couple  of my older pots tomr. and finish planting what I didn't plant this afternoon.  I found a Japanese Maple Dwarf that we will plant at the side of our housr.  I love getting my hands dirty and then to enjoy the finished product...pretty flowers.

I'm getting my hair cut and colored as I type. Tonight dinner and drinks with friends.

I had a no good horrible eating day yesterday. Tired, grumpy..who knows. It could be because I declared I was felt more in control. lol. Better today...

Happy Friday! 

Paula1965
on 4/15/16 5:27 pm
VSG on 04/01/15

Cut and color always make you feel better!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

diane S.
on 4/15/16 4:53 pm

Hi all

130.5. Better than yesterday. Slow morning at the gallery so I swept out front. The cherry trees are blooming and it looks like there is pink snow everywhere.

Carbon good on you for getting 10 pound off.   I knew you could do it.

I may have told you all that my mom is in the late stages of Parkinson's disease. She has 24/7 nursing care in her home. She lives with a lifelong friend who is also elderly and is losing her mind. She has become so obnoxious that the nurses are quitting. Now I have got to move my mom or make the friend leave.  Its gonna be ugly. 

Other than that, Life's great.  diane s

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Neesie57
on 4/15/16 8:36 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

Crappy eating today, and I always worry that I'm going to go off the rails when I eat something I shouldn't.  I found a bag of crushed cornflakes mixed with coconut in the freezer and couldn't resist taking a spoonful.  Well, I ate half the bag, and probably hundreds of calories before I stopped.  Then I still ate dinner!  I'm sure I'll pay for it tomorrow, even though I was at my lowest weight this morning, 144.7.  

I always seem to sabotage myself when I get to a low weight.  I hope I'm not doing it again.  Crap, I feel awful right now, and can't seem to get rid of this full feeling.  I can't even drink my water right now, because my stomach hurts.  

I hope everyone else is feeling better than I do right now.  My hubby and I will be leaving for Hawaii on Monday, and I was hoping to be at goal when we got there.  Now, it won't be happening.  Worried that I'll use this as an excuse to eat while on vacation, even though I'm doing everything I can to plan ahead. There are going to be all kinds of temptation while there, and I just have to ignore all of them, and realize that a vacation is about the people, beauty and activities, not the food.

Thank you for all of your support, advice and allowing me to vent.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

Shel25
on 4/15/16 10:04 pm

All is OK!

Hundreds of calories isn't going to amount to much in terms of fat.  You may have some extra water weight but that is temporary. A few pounds in either direction isn't going to matter when you look back at the Hawaii trip. 

I get anxious, too, when I have to deal with new food situations with this new body.  Try to think about why you want to stick to plan before each meal.  Think about how fabulous you feel sitting in the restaurant with your healthy weight body.   Think about how great you feel in your vacation clothes.  You are going to get a lot of steps in and feel great doing it!  

You are practicing your new skills.  Even if (when) you aren't perfect, think of it as one meal at a time rather than a whole day at a time or whole vacation at a time.  

You have truly done well!  You are right, it's about the peeps and place.  Not the food.  But, it takes practice to actually feel that.  Enjoy your practice!

Have a great trip!  Shel

PS, can you destroy the other 1/2 bag by soaking it in water or running it thru garbage disposal?  It is poison for you :)  Maybe ask your husband to get rid of it so you don't have to touch. 

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

carbondated
on 4/15/16 10:11 pm

Deep breaths.    I do precisely the same thing.

I ate 750 calories today of just plain bread.  Mindlessly.

we can do this.  Tomorrow will be a better day.    This road is a one day/hour/ minute kinda walk.  We pick ourselves up and start all over again.

enjoy Hawaii!

Neesie57
on 4/15/16 11:07 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

You're right, I know you are, and I need to move on to tomorrow without screwing up anymore today. I will get back on track in the morning and forget that this ever happened.

Hawaii will be wonderful, we're going with friends to the Aulani Resort.

Thank you!!!!

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

Spencerella
on 4/16/16 9:21 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

When I do unplanned things like that and feel out of control as a result, I try to spend a few minutes reflecting on how I got there (what I was doing, thinking, feeling) try to think about what I'd do differently next time, and then I move on. In other words, try getting analytical about the event instead of emotional (scared, guilty) No harm no foul. Done. That's it. 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Neesie57
on 4/16/16 4:03 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

Thank you!  I took my 2 pound gain with a grain of salt this morning and moved on to a high protein, very low carb day.  My hubby went to a hockey game last night, and I sometimes eat more when he isn't here.  Planning ahead is the name of the game.

Happily moving on!!!