VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Long time lurker, n...

Long time lurker, new to the group.

LeapSecond
on 7/15/16 7:57 pm - AR

I have enjoyed your daily posts and didn't really think I could offer much every day so I just lurked.  

Vocationally I was a construction worker, custom cabinets mostly.  Became an RN and worked mostly with the VA and the Indian Health System in the intensive care setting.  Ran into some medical issue and retired early.  DW works from home a few hours a week in Phych.

DW and I started our journeys together an hour apart. It has been easier I think to go through it together.  We read the forums everyday.  I have made an effort to post more recently.  I have been reading RNY what are you eating and question of the day.  Those guys are active!  

I'm 22 months out.  Lost 160+ Wanted to lose 24 more pounds but I felt really good at 195.  Became complacent.  Found myself trying to maintain. My diet has gotten weird with a nuts and caramel macchiato Greek yogurt kick for almost a year.  It finally caught up with me and the pounds are jumping back on.  Now at 222.  (27# regain) My pants that I love are feeling tight.  I have 2 days worth of yogurt in the fridge then I will abstain.  This is a great source of anxiety because nuts an yogurt is all I want, mostly all I have eaten for a year and exclusively what I have eaten for 6 months except for some in season fruits.  I will go back to what was working, meat small amount of cheese and a few veggies. About 800 cal and less than 40 of carb. I never watched fats. 

I am amazed at your steps per day. I don't exercise often. I do bike ride some but not with any regularity. I have chronic pain and I am remodeling a '77 airstream travel trailer.  I can exercise or work and most days I choose work at least a little. 

Now you know all about me.  Hope to get to know all y'all better. 

David

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

stephanieplum
on 7/15/16 8:33 pm
VSG on 06/27/12

Welcome, David!!!  

(deactivated member)
on 7/15/16 10:53 pm

Welcome, David! 

Please join in. Honestly, it helps. I'm glad you decided to post. I'm guessing by your goal weight range that we're probably close to same height (and maybe age). Regain can be tough, but it is by no means insurmountable! 

If you can to the 800 calories per day thing at 22 months out, more power to you. May I suggest that perhaps you try 1200 first and then gradually work your way down to 1000 and then if you can, down to 800. At 4.5 years out 800 calories per day feels punitive. You've got to find out what is sustainable for you. 

Keep us posted on how you're doing! 

Shel25
on 7/16/16 7:29 am

Welcome, David!

I love that you are posting; I know the feeling about not thinking I have enough to offer.  Also, I'm not much of an internet poster at all.  (My MOTHER had to tell me on the phone last night that I had birthday wishes posted to me on Facebook!)  

But, I do find the daily posts helpful for my journey just to keep my head in the game.  And I have been surprised at how much I have come to enjoy the group interaction as well. Even when you think that something going thru your mind is unique to yourself, it is pretty common for the rest of us to recognize the issue.  I really don't find that understanding in real life.  I look forward to hearing more from you ;) 

I remember you posting about yogurt on the main forums --- I think I had recently re-introduced yogurt to my diet and definitely understood its appeal.  Still do, in fact.  I also have to remind myself that I do best if I have meat as the base of my diet.  

Shel

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!