VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Bozo Tue, you will ...

Bozo Tue, you will have to figure out the date by yourself\

LeapSecond
on 7/19/16 8:00 am - AR

Wt 220.4 down 1.6 from yesterday. Almost lost yesterday's bump. Cal 1187.

Shel, glad to see you typing in the dark. Sorry you had to stay longer. Healing thoughts. To everyone!

This the 3rd day in a row that I have slept past 4:30. It messes with my morning routine when I get up late. We got into the bees yesterday but started earlier in the day. Still got too hot. Full bee suit. 102 on my porch in the shade. Plus humidity. We need to straighten out one more hive and we will be done for a while.

Yogurt withdrawal hasn't been too bad this time. It really helps that my head is in a good place. DW is so supportive she gave yogurt up too.  So none in the house even if it is a flavor I don't eat.  That really helps!

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

Shel25
on 7/19/16 8:18 am, edited 7/19/16 1:18 am

Update! No second surgery!  Whew. 

I guess no-surgery is the best news but a close second is that I am allowed coffee today.  I'm pleased that they serve Starbucks so I know how to Doctor it up to my liking.  I tried to get them to send me two grandes, but, they wouldn't.  So, I shall order again :) 

The other issue has been my blood pressure which is always low.  When I arrived yesterday for surgery with no caffeine on board it was 96/58.  I have spent a lot of time with systolic in the 80's which makes nursing staff nervous.  

They pumped fluids into me all day yesterday and overnight at full speed.  The doc this morning said, My you are puffy everywhere.  

Anyhow, copius caffeine should help (my endocrinologist is ok with both caffeine and sodium) but this, too, makes nursing staff nervously.  Generally, I don't do lots of sodium, because, you know, the scale.  But, I just added salt to scrambled eggs.  I can't get mucH puffer.  

:) 

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

LeapSecond
on 7/19/16 9:49 am - AR

If you have baseline low BP you can't normally fix it with fluids. I didn't work much surgical ICU but the general fix in that specialty is fluids. It is kinda freaky from a nurse point of view.  Doctors don't like to be told but bo need to be reminded. I.e.: my baseline is this,  I'm really puffy. My In's and outs are....

Shel25
on 7/19/16 10:50 am

Thanks for the info!  I appreciate the insight. And I hope I am not sounding negative about the nursing staff.  I have had awesome care through-out.  

I am a pharmacist but my workplace is a doctor's office.  My exposure to nurses started there -- I have been so impressed through-out the years.  They notice everything!  I think I am having a normal conversation and they are automatically assessing skiin tone, respiration, etc.  Whenever I have a problem in my one on one appt's with patients, I go get a nurse and they ALWAYS know what should come next.  

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

LeapSecond
on 7/19/16 11:19 am - AR

No you are not negative sounding.  I am just assessing.LOL My DIL is a pharmacist. They have an independent store.  It is a lot of work.  Whole lot more than counting pills. Hope your day goes well, your BP normalizes and you get to go home soon.

diane S.
on 7/19/16 11:28 am

Greetings Brave Sore People

So sorry so many of us are hurting and sending healing energy your way. (had to remove my tin foil hat). 

I've been having a bit of  a sore back so made an appointment with chiropractor. Nothing like what you guys have. It will probably go away by the time the appointment arrives.  And old dog chip will be under the knife getting neutered. We live in a kennel. 

131 today.  7500 steps plus little food due to unexpected gallery work and errands. Lot of good that did. Oh well, better than the reverse. Time for me to find some more icky green stuff to drink. 

Hubby's car is in the shop. He takes it to the dealer where I swear they rip him off but he likes the place. 

Hey, I am on no pain killers and using a full keyboard and still can't type worth **** I get locked out of web sites and such because I type in too many wrong pass words.  Its a gift I have. 

Another gallery meeting tonight.(different gallery) I hate going to them except there is wine. Usually sort of a free for all discussion.   

Will take the Tesla terror for at least a mile walk. Gotta wear her out. Plus old Liza gets her two block walk. 

Some people from a foreign country came in the gallery yesterday. They were asking about seeing the redwoods and I told them of the nearest redwood parks. Then the lady actually asked me if the redwoods were well lit at night!!!!!   Duh, its a forest of 300 foot trees and dirt trails. Not the Joni Mitchel tree museum.  

Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/