VSG Maintenance Group

Sept 3 Sat

carbondated
on 9/3/16 6:21 am

morning everyone.

travellers be safe, those of us with painful family issues hang on in there, and everyone have a great Peaceful Sat.

stephanieplum
on 9/3/16 6:42 am
VSG on 06/27/12

156's#...same weight as yesterday!  

We had an Earthquake this morning that woke us up!!! It originated  in Pawnee, Oklahoma which is 187 miles NE of us.  5.6 magnitude and felt as far as Austin and up to Omaha!!!  Kinda freaky!!!

Andy still sleeping...he didn't get in until almost 1am.  I never sleep well when he's not home!

Lots on the to do list...Have a wonderful weekend!

Love to all of yous!

LeapSecond
on 9/3/16 7:16 am - AR

5.6 is pretty big.  We lived in AK for 2 1/2 years.  Had all the earthquakes I care for. Move back to AR to find out we are close to the New Madrid fault.  Have felt a couple over the past 13 years. Hope everything stays in place.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

(deactivated member)
on 9/3/16 8:50 am

Earthquakes are quite strange to experience. I guess I have gone through enough of them now that the mild ones don't even wake me anymore. 5.6 is a good jolt, but not so scary. After experiencing the Loma Prieta quake in 1989 (6.9 magnitude) pretty much everything else seems mild. That one scared me! 

LeapSecond
on 9/3/16 7:11 am - AR

Wt 219  Cal 1080  nervous grazing yesterday. 

Woke up early and got out in the shop to put on another coat of finish.  Came back in and went right back to sleep in my chair.  Woke to shotguns firing.  First day of dove season.  Sounded like a war zone.  I hate waking up that way. Not an earthquake but not a normal way to wake.  I like peaceful.  

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

(deactivated member)
on 9/3/16 9:32 am

Daine S., I've been thinking about you. Hope everything is going well with your mom and her crazy ex roommate.

Down 1.2 today. 

I am experiencing a quiet around food. I noticed it Thursday and really kept note of my feelings about eating yesterday. One thing I noticed is that for me there is a distinct difference between thinking it's about time to eat, being hungry and needing to eat. I have strong eating "habits" programmed into my day, such as the "need" for a little something immediately before bed (this is a transfer habit from the days before becoming a non smoker when I would smoke a cigarette immediately before retiring for the night). I also often feel a little bit hungry between 3 and 4 pm. This is acceptable because that's 3 to 4 hours after I've last eaten. However, yesterday I was busier than usual after school. I had to make a decision whether to eat something or not prior to working out. I chose to NOT eat because I was only a little bit hungry and I knew that eating before a workout is often uncomfortable for me during the workout. I went just over 7 hours yesterday without eating. I was then hungry. I ate two bites of a Quest Bar and then cut my BFF's hair. I forgot about the Quest Bar until I was done cutting his hair. He reached over and broke off a third of the bar and popped it in his mouth. My food alarm started to go off and suddenly there was a little voice reminding me that I wasn't really even hungry anymore and dinner would be soon so just let it go. And I did. Then at dinner I ordered what sounded good, rather than what I thought I should have. I enjoyed each bite, but was full so quickly I ate less than a quarter of what was on my plate. The poor waiter was convinced that something displeased me about the meal. I assured him I just wasn't all that hungry! I ended the evening wi a serving of Greek Yogurt and berries and cream. 

My calories were not quite 1000 for the day. 

I am feeling nervous in certain respects about this letting go of obsessing about food, calories, what I should and should not eat, but I'm committed to practicing eating, thinking, being a Naturally Thin Man (I'm so tempted to say Woman like in the book. Cracks me up!). 

BTW, it must be in the autumn air: my BFF is spiraling downward. Spent several hours listening and reflecting back. He won't get medical or psychological help and I am at a loss. As he is getting older his depression and obsessive thinking is getting much worse and is having negative impacts on his daily life. I am supportive, but it is sad to watch. Ron prays for him. Linda, I can only imagine how intense it would be if he were my child. Sending strength and compassion your way. 

Busy, busy day ahead. Too many dogs to groom. Will try to schedule a massage later in the day for a little treat. Hopefully, there will be an opening.