carbondated
on 9/15/16 4:47 am

greetings all

great food day.   Steps not so good.  

enjoy this Thursday.

Paula1965
on 9/15/16 5:07 am
VSG on 04/01/15

Short and sweet! You have a good day too!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

Paula1965
on 9/15/16 5:11 am
VSG on 04/01/15

130 ON THE DOT. no formal exercise yesterday, 10,000 steps with packing/moving stuff. We have keys to the rental so I hung some shower curtains and drapes yesterday! A good amount of the house is packed up! Still have probably about 1/4 - 1/3 to go and of course the boys and DH have all of their personal stuff.

Have a great day friends!

Paula

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

Shel25
on 9/15/16 5:57 am

122's, steps not horrible yesterday, yoga'd with my favorite teacher

feeling massively triggered.....I know in my heart that it is related to unfinished paperwork at work.  I feel paralyzed, the more paperwork there is the harder it is to tackle.  I haven't succumbed to much overeating but neither do I get done what I need to clear both the back log and my triggers.  So, I sit here quivering.

OK, not THAT bad but I hate this feeling.  

My intention today:  clear.my.paperwork.    I have the time.  I put it out there.  Onward

Shel

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

Hkinzfnp
on 9/15/16 6:01 am

What's up family??

140.2 today.  Starting to feel anxious about entering "real" maintenance.  Several people have been telling me recently that I look very thin to them.  This is usually with a face and tone that implies I need to stop losing weight now.  I agree it's time to start to increase calories to where the loss will stop, I feel good around this weight.  But the mental piece of adding calories is messing with me.  I ate extra yesterday and was a bit uncomfortable.  Work in progress!!

Day off work today but not a day of rest!  Lots of errands and stuff with the kiddos.  Got up at 6:15 to do my run since I knew it may be my only chance.

Hope you all find joy in this day!!

Highest Weight: 268 pounds.  Surgery Weight 248 pounds.  Current Weight 142 pounds.  VSG 8/24/15 with Dr. Havaleshko

(deactivated member)
on 9/15/16 8:04 am

Perhaps a switch to full fat foods to start will be enough. Use whole milk cheese and yogurt. Add Irish or German butter to food or olive oil. half and half or heavy cream in coffee. These additions will up the calories without increasing the volume of what you eat. The other option, which is what I ended up doing early out was simply adding a 200 calorie meal in the mid to late afternoon. That worked well for me. It's a guess and check sort type of process to stop the loss carefully. Doing it carefully is the key. 

Hkinzfnp
on 9/15/16 8:20 am

That's the thing Devon...I feel so cautious and apprehensive about this.  Sort of like petting a cute dog I don't know.  I want to do it but don't want to get bit.  I think I'll start by letting it sniff my hand.

So far I have added about 100 calories to my breakfast most days and now I think I'll add a protein bar or Balanced Break in the afternoon.  I have an appointment with the bariatric NP for my yearly follow up today, will see what she says as well.  I'm not scheduled to see the nutritionist til December but I feel like I've gotten more and better food advice from my buddies on these boards anyway!

Highest Weight: 268 pounds.  Surgery Weight 248 pounds.  Current Weight 142 pounds.  VSG 8/24/15 with Dr. Havaleshko

Spencerella
on 9/15/16 10:12 am, edited 9/15/16 3:14 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Boy I get it - remember that phase well. Now I know that many of us require a lot more calories than we thought we would to stabilize our weight. 

As Kairk has suggested, I concur with using fats (delicious!) to increase calories without adding volume. Can't say I'm a fan of adding calories by increasing frequency though, because it can be a hard habit to break if and when we need to lose a few pounds.

Maybe it's just me, but I've found fat content changes to be the simplest way to modify calorie intake without upsetting my normal routines. Personally, I think this is the best way to avoid that sense of deprivation that is so commonly associated with dieting. Low fat yogurt vs full fat yogurt/cheese, beef with gravy vs no gravy, etc - easy calorie changes that don't get me all anxious. 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Spencerella
on 9/15/16 9:54 am, edited 9/15/16 2:58 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Good morning best friends. Yes you really have become that important to me over time!  Your level of honesty, disclosure, debate and caring is really important to me. 

I'm down to 115. Thought it might be helpful to those of you who are newer or struggling to hear how I'm handling the slightly higher numbers, so here goes.

While I've defined my goal weight as 115 for well over two years now (revised down from my original 125 after continued but unsought loss in the first 6-9 mos of maintenance) I feel best emotionally when I come in a bit below my goal number. You all know my Goldilocks number is 112, but in day to day life, I consider my normal fluctuation to be 112-114.  

I only go into 'weight loss mode' when I'm at 118, so right now I'm merely dialing things back to 'normal' to see where the numbers land. That means lessening (but not necessarily omitting) the intake of a few items that became habitual over the summer - wine, popcorn and sweets/desserts. Sweets/desserts a little trickier to handle, but for now they aren't triggering me. But with that said, I plan to limit all food (not liquids) intake to pre 8 pm again. I do best when I consume 'treats' with that rule in play. Hope this info helps someone here.  

I've worked many more hours than initially scheduled for this first week, but the training takes a lot of time.  We specialize in fitting jeans, so a lot of learning is tied to trying on different brands, styles and washes (fabrics).  

I laughed when I told DH that I spent four hours trying on clothes yesterday  - three hours learning two brands of jeans (accompanying three hours the day before) and another hour being 'styled' for a designer specific photo shoot - this designer will be in the store providing individual customer consultations on Saturday. I think they chose me to model because the brand is geared to female executives.  

I have my first and only day off today so slept late but really need to get some food in the house!  

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

(deactivated member)
on 9/15/16 12:42 pm

Linda, your new job sounds like the perfect match for you. Your sense of style and aesthetic will take you far in this line of work. I'm so excited for you. It's also a bonus, IMO, fashion supports fitness and proper eating to maintain a "fashionable" body size. I'm hoping you have found your little niche.