VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Monday, October 9th...

Monday, October 9th

Paula1965
on 10/10/16 4:32 am, edited 10/10/16 4:38 am
VSG on 04/01/15

126.6. Up at little.

I'm missing my regular exercise routine and my muscles are starting to show it. I'm not quite as defined as before. I only have a few weeks before plastics and then will be "on hold" from exercise for a while again.

We did the final walk through of the old house with the new owners yesterday, closing is on Thursday. Still have boxes to unpack at the new place but overall, we are getting pretty settled.

Hope you all had a great weekend and have an even better week!

Paula

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

carbondated
on 10/10/16 5:11 am

Welcome Liz and good morning everyone

a great food day with not much exercise unless you call pushing one's self away from the table as arm lifts.

The weather is amazing, the geese are flying south with two large skeins overhead, and the leaves are falling.

a public holiday here except for our area but it should be quiet.   Hopefully 'young person' will be calmed down with too much turkey.  

Shel25
on 10/10/16 6:21 am, edited 10/10/16 12:50 am

125's this morning....extra salt last night in pizza topping. Also, later eating last night including more fruit that usual.  Back to business today.  Great yoga workshop yesterday and I suppose an ok amount of steps. 

Paula, will you be in compression garments after your procedure?  Compression garments are always on my mind :)

Better get running to start my Monday.  (Doing today's work today.....)

Shel

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

Paula1965
on 10/10/16 9:45 am
VSG on 04/01/15

Have my pre-op tomorrow - will learn about special bras, compression garments, drains then I imagine!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

Shel25
on 10/10/16 6:49 am

From my morning work reading --nerdy guideline update for those inclined since we occasionally talk about low BMI's

Per European Society of Cardiology....

"Both overweight and obesity are associated with an increased risk of CVD death and all-cause mortality.  All-cause mortality is lowest with a BMI of 20-25 (in those

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

Hkinzfnp
on 10/10/16 7:25 am

140.2.  Hubby and I both off for Columbus Day so we went for a 3 mile run this morning.  I only wanted to kill him a couple times- lol.  We are going apple picking today so will be making a pie later.  Last fall I made an applesauce with apples, Splenda and spices for myself and just had small portions as a treat- it was delicious!

Just found out yesterday my inlaws are coming on Thursday to stay a couple weeks.  Always glad to have them but it inevitably changes our routine, food, and all that.  They haven't come to stay since the surgery so I am a bit nervous about maintaining my food and exercise routine while they are here but will just have to do it!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Heather 

Highest Weight: 268 pounds.  Surgery Weight 248 pounds.  Current Weight 142 pounds.  VSG 8/24/15 with Dr. Havaleshko

Spencerella
on 10/10/16 8:54 am, edited 10/10/16 1:55 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Morning all. 115 today. Very dehydrated and little bathroom progress. I've been super busy at work but having a ball. It's been a tiring transition but I'll get used to the pace eventually. Being on my feet for eight hours straight is new to me so hopefully I will build strength in my legs to better support me. 

I've only glanced through your posts over the past few days due to continued time constraints but thinking of all of you. Shel I totally relate to the DD stuff and boy it's scary.

We're heading south to spend the day with DH family (the druyggie drama pit) and then back for me to attend a surprise birthday party for my employer's partner, whom I haven't met yet. He is a fairly famous Canadian chef and I've spent lots of wonderful evenings in his two restaurants. The newest one is just down the street from my work so my boss has taken me there several times already, including with the designer who was with us for a trunk show on Friday. I told my boss that working at her store is a lifestyle. She laughed and acknowledged it to be true.

DH prepared roast duck for us last evening and today will be traditional Polish food. Fresh oysters tonight at the party, so I'm being well fed that's for sure. Yikes!

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/10/16 3:20 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Thank you for the welcomes and great ideas!  

I got a long walk in after being chained to my desk working from home all day.  I've eaten pretty well today, making decent choices when hungry (didn't eat too many of those pesky almonds which sometimes call to me).  I have gone above my protein for the day and drank all my water.  I have enough calories left for one last snack around 7:30 (I've been religiously tracking on MFP since I had surgery).  So all in all a pretty good day (working from home can be a challenge some days).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

(deactivated member)
on 10/10/16 4:49 pm

We are home. It was a week of ups and downs - dog shows can be stressful! LOL! (But it's true!). 

The show the day before the National is called the Devon Dog Show (yes, I know...). Well, Saturday turned out to be Ella's day. She went winners ***** (meaning she beat all the female dogs competing for a championship title). She beat 32 females and earned the highest points possible when competing for a championship title. Then to top it off, she beat the winning male and therefore beat more than 50 Airedales that day. It was a huge win for her and a great big feather in my cap as a breeder. The next day at the National, the judge loved her up until the very last moment and switched her from #1 to #2. I had a few choice words fly out of my mouth, but got over it. Another day another dog show!

Eating was all over the place. Some good, some not so good. I did eat a protein forward breakfast everyday and was careful to eat protein first at dinner. Lunch was harder, but I did okay. Where I didn't do so well was the snacking in between. Too much sugar plain and simple. Back home and back on track. 

No scale yet. Paula, thank you for posting the link. I may just order it and get overnight shipping. 

Welcome, Liz! 

Linda - you look great! Loved the video clip.

Hope the uncomfortable issues Carbon and Shel are dealing with resolve soon. 

Diane S - praying for a 2 in the ten's place! 

David - your ability to tinker, build and fix is enviable. Those qualities are not a huge part of my make up. I can trim a dog, paint, garden, but I really do envy people who are the Mr. Fix It types. 

Paula - PS around the corner. Lucky girl. Me, I've been thinking it's time to add some more hair on top of the old noggin. 

Diane O - Hope you are doing well. I miss your dailies! 

Lesa - Hope football season and the library work still allows you time for the self care that works for you! 

Who'd I miss????