VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Thursday January 19...

Thursday January 19

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/19/17 2:50 am, edited 1/19/17 6:45 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning!  I'm up early because I am still sleeping on my back in a semi lawn chair position so I wake up with my back yelling at me.  I can almost walk straight so hopefully I can sleep straighter soon too and give my back a break.  Still no weight, but I will try to remember to do it when I take my shower.  I was REALLY hungry yesterday finally and ate about 1400 calories.  Some carbs, but still high protein so I'm not going to worry about it.  I only took pain meds at bedtime the last two days. I also worked a full day minus 1.5 hours break mid-day yesterday.  I think that will be my routine today and tomorrow, then back to true full time next week.  I'm starting to look less weird so maybe my SIL can come visit this weekend (she knows about the PS though no one else does).

We are leaving to drive to Florida 2 weeks from tomorrow.  Our plan is to arrive late on 2/5, closing on the condo on 2/6.  I'll work from there until I fly home on 2/18.  I can't believe it is coming so soon now!  

DH is looking forward to it, but I'm not sure he can fully appreciate what being there for 2 months will be like.  He is supposed to transfer money handling for his mother to his brother before that, but keeps saying things like maybe he can just do it from there. NO!!!! He shouldn't be doing it at all anymore.  It takes him hours and hours each week to figure out what to pay for the weekly bill covering her full-time "companions".  He calls the women at the agency and gets in an argument with her at least twice a month.  A person without Alzheimer's could manage it with a spreadsheet but DH just can't do it.  I know his pride doesn't want to give it up, but he really has to.  I have been handling all our finances for 2.5 years now.  Also, though he won't really be alone, I don't think he has thought about the fact that he won't be with me for 4 weeks.  He always hated when I traveled for business. This will be the first time we've been apart that long since we met almost 40 years ago (also will be the last time).

Update: Weight w/ no clothes or binder but after breakfast = 115.5. 

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

LeapSecond
on 1/19/17 4:07 am, edited 1/18/17 9:38 pm - AR

Wt 230 OTD  Calories 1350

Liz you must be healing fast by going back to work so soon.  Yea for fast healing.  DW and I don't spend time apart well.  Even when I go to the shop in the woods to work for the day.  We are enmeshed. She has back issues and can't take 3 hours in the car every day.  And I have sleep at home issues so we don't spend the night there.  The Airstream should be up there soon I hope.

New Mongolian stir fry restaurant in town.  You collect all you want into a bowl from the food bar.  Pick the sauce you want them to cook it in. And then they cook it on a huge grill.  It is the first or maybe second time in a 1 1/2 years that I wasn't thinking when was the next time I can eat N&Y.  I have eaten it 3 days in a row for 1 meal per day.  We got it to go so it makes multiple meals.  The sauce is not too salty and I didn't add soy sauce so I don't think it effects my weight.  We live in a small town Population about 20k.  A new non Mexican restaurant is a big deal.

JoeyJo,  take care of yourself, sounds like so many depend on your care.  Accept help if available.   Prayers coming your way.

Seek peace, sometimes it is hard to find.  David

P.S.  I'm so thankful for this group.  I glean words of wisdom daily.  Thanks for your participation and perspectives.  

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

Paula1965
on 1/19/17 5:42 am
VSG on 04/01/15

134 OTD. Lost that lb. of water weight even though I did eat some salty leftovers yesterday and will again today.

Day off today. Appt. with urologist to go over my renal ultrasound from Tuesday. Older boys have finals so they will be in and out depending on exam schedule.  DH left for a conference and won't be bac****il Friday evening. Scout stuff tonight. Guess it will be a pretty busy day.

Liz, excited to hear your healing is going so well. Looking forward to seeing pics eventually!

Dave, I didn't realize your shop in the woods was so far away from your home. It will be nice when the Airstream is all done and you can be there with both the shop and the Airstream, not to mention your DW!

Devon, sorry to read on FB that there are no puppies this time.

Love to you all!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

Shel25
on 1/19/17 7:26 am

Good morning,  No weight today---- I have been trying to keep my nighttime compression gear on longer and I don't like to weigh with anything on, and certainly not with the wraps. 

I have struggled with poor food attitude the last few days which translated to poor food choices.    Yesterday was better tho it had great potential for terrible.  Someone left a box of chocolate covered macadamias on my desk.  I gave the unopened box away.  Honestly, who puts things like that on a desk with no note, no comment? 

JoeyJo --- thinking about you and your family.  I hope you all catch a break, soon.  Make sure you take up offers of help even if it is not the usual flow of things.  You are into unusual territory!

Liz, glad you are healing up well. 

Dave, there is a Mongolian Grill over the hill from me and I agree that it is particularly well suited for peeps like us. 

Devon, no pups?  I am so sorry. 

Welcome to the latest forum joiners!

Don't take your skinny for granted (that's my mantra for today)

Shel

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/19/17 8:55 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Devon, so sorry there are no pups.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

(deactivated member)
on 1/19/17 9:26 am, edited 1/19/17 1:28 am

Down a VERY UNDESERVED pound.

FYI - Blue is pregnant. I would rather she were not, in a way. She is having a singleton litter. A singleton litter is a curse in larger dogs. So, so much can end up being problematic - no milk, mama not accepting the pup, mandatory c section, getting up at 3 am to feed the pup, etc... I am feeling apathetic, if not resentful, about the pup growing inside her. 

I am in a foul ass mood to say the least. I am in the "I do not give a **** about... my eating or my long term goals or my dogs" phase of dealing with this news. On my way to school today I thought, "Hmmm... I think I'm a danger to children!" and had to s****** a bit. I have not hurt a child yet, and have no plans to either, so do not fret! My teacher brain has kicked in! 

Anyway, I did not navigate the emotion without food. Cigarettes sounded good this morning, too. Lord.... perhaps quilting would be a better past time!

Spencerella
on 1/19/17 9:33 am, edited 1/19/17 1:33 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Oh boy - we obviously posted simulataneously. I'm truly sorry Devon. Oh and I so relate to that fleeting cigarette call, even after more than 30 years!  Thinking and doing are two different things. You're doing alright.  And if no child is harmed today, all the better!!  Lol

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/19/17 9:56 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I didn't know that about a singleton litter - that's too bad!

Paula1965
on 1/19/17 10:22 am
VSG on 04/01/15

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

Spencerella
on 1/19/17 9:30 am, edited 1/19/17 1:30 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

115 for me again. Another solid day. Again, as soon as I turn down the excessive carbs, the noise level in my head goes down too. I'm so grateful to know that now. 

I'm off to work, rocking my own version of a stone choker and a most awesome military style jacket. I adore getting dressed for work. Yup a pea**** for sure!

Devon, saw your FB post. Hang in there. All in perfect timing. 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0