VSG Maintenance Group

Wednesday April 26

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/17 10:08 am

Lovely to see you!

Paula1965
on 4/26/17 10:28 am
VSG on 04/01/15

Weight still up. Might be a combo from poor weekend choices and surgery on Monday. Still swollen some from surgery.

Work today. Yucky rainy weather!

Paula

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

JoeyJo
on 4/26/17 10:32 am - NJ

208. My jaw is killing me today, clicking and cracking like full-blown TMJ. I think it is from the medication, so I called the doctor who has not called me back. Because I have been on the medication for a while, the receptionist inappropriately expressed her opinion that it must be something other than the meds. I have not been in any recent accidents or gotten hurt. I could have slept wrong, but I remember seeing something about TMJ being a side effect. Pfffft... another thing for the pile.

diane S.
on 4/26/17 1:00 pm

some meds can indeed cause jaw clenching. I upped a dosage and ended up with terrible headaches down this one tendon in my head - always same line. Dentist said it was indeed from that. Cut it back after dr. consult. Could you get an over the counter bite plate for short term? Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/26/17 10:55 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Late to the party - no time to read posts (will catch up later or in the morning). I'm in the office today and it is a LONG day:

Weight: 115.25, calories 808.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

diane S.
on 4/26/17 11:27 am

Greetings fellow observers

Seems to be the theme of the day and a good one. But make sure that self observation is neutral and doesn't turn into those tapes of self criticism. Big difference. Observe the reasons for the binge or off plan eating, take whatever lessons you can, and move on.

133.5 today. Haven't seen that in awhile so I am pleased. Less cheese I think (number one C of the three C's for me). And pre vsg I was a total chocoholic.

I had stayed pretty steady at 125 or below for years. The things that caused my regain were 1. crackers and dip at art night that I just could not stop eating. 2. a two and a half pound bag of cashews at Costco that was an impulse purchase 3. eating pizza and whatever I wanted on the stressful trips to see my mother, 4. extra glass of wine and cheese. So writing this down tells me some things. Looks like it has for you Ann and others. Good thoughts Shel. Thanks for putting it into words.

For those of you who are not sleeping, I feel your pain. I am sure part of the reason I got so fat in the first place is lifelong insomnia. Now I get extra sleep - part due to Ambien and part due to fewer stressful responsibilities.

Good for all of you getting exercise. Thats a big failure for me. Must do some observing on that. Its raining again today but predicted to quit for a few days. At least I can go to the studio where something fun and silly is going on. I am making a yellow submarine for our Beatles Sargent Pepper Themed art show in June. I am the walrus koo koo ka choo!

Made pot roast yesterday and plenty left for tonight. Gotta clean out the refrigerator as we have loads of unfinished leftovers. Lord knows what is lurking in those lower drawers.

Imagine your skinny. Diane S

diane S.
on 4/26/17 11:55 am

And Furthermore:

I know I used to overeat when I felt overly tired. Which was often. It seemed like a way to replenish energy when thats not really how it works. So when feeling the binge urge , stop and think "Am I just plain tired?" Would lying down and having an herb tea be good? Just saying.......

And Linda good to hear from you. Glad you are keeping head above the emotional **** storm. Take care. Diane S

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/17 2:14 pm

We are an observant bunch today, huh? Nice...

Weight up .5 (see, back and forth...) 5:30 work out with trainer. YAY! Still no puppy paternity. It's killing me. Her placement depends upon the paternity. She is almost 10 weeks old. It is time for her to go to her forever home. I'm beginning to feel the pull of attachment. OH NO! I must be strong!

No Vyvanse for me today! Doctor sent it to the pharmacy I requested, but that pharmacy doesn't carry Vyvanse and they can not under HMO regulations transfer the prescription to the correct pharmacy 100 feet down the side walk. UGH.... However, I took it all in stride, called and emailed doctor who in turn sent the Rx to the correct pharmacy. Will pick it up today on the way home.

I checked the coverage and the Vyvanse is listed as a tier 2 (brand name drug) in their formulary. I'm guessing that means all I have to pay is my co pay. Fingers crossed! I think brand name med co-pay is double the generic medicine co-pay, but still that's plenty reasonable.

I have lots of experience with binge observation. LOL! I don't say it proudly, but with honesty and chagrin. Understanding the drivers behind a binge and learning to recognize them before the binge occurs has helped me stop the weight gain cycle. I have been stable at this weight within 3-4 pounds (lately within 1-2 pounds) for several months now. I learned today that simply talking about bingeing can trigger a binge cycle in me. I was talking with a therapist friend who suffers from bingeing and she described a binge cycle to me and that triggered the binge cycle in me. Feeling it, acknowledging the pull and knowing what it was is the reason I was able to arrest the cycle with logic, compassion and understanding. I did not have to white knuckle through AND I did have a bit of the sugary food in question, but there was no binge. Hope that makes sense.

I am sorry for the upsets and stress so many are feeling today. I understand and hope you all persevere. Diane S., get ye exercising! It is good for the body and soul!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/27/17 3:19 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I think I'd have to keep the puppy after all you've been through together...

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!